Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our new addition. We've never had goldens before and what an affectionate pup! Hes now 5 and a half months and 34lbs can anyone guess how big he'll be based on that? in my opinion the bigger the better! also ive had him for a month now and he already knows sit, stay, come and he rings a set of jingle bels when its time to go out! As you can tell hes been acomplete joy! And the vet has given us a clean bill of health aside from him being slightly under weight
And thanks to all i really enjoy this site!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
This pictures did not show up! :-( I am sure he is a cutie!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sully,s backstory

Ok so i emailed a rescue that discovered a litter at a puppy mill in Iowa apparently it was about to be raided by aspca but the people that ran it fled and tied the litter outside the place. My guy was the most submissive so his littermates took all of his food as a result i got him at 4 months and he was a 19 lb bag of bones now that he's 5 and a half, he now weighs 34 lbs but still about 5 lbs underweight. I just cant get over how sweet he is though! And the training is going so well!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Sully

Sully is so adorable!! Bless you for adopting him!!

Keep us posted!!

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
He is precious! What a sweet face.

His story is a lot like my Jasper's story (dog on the left in my signature), except the byb dropped him and his litter off at the shelter. Both boy puppies were almost dead of starvation and worm infestation. He was 14 lbs at 4 1/2 months old. He has matured to 60 lbs and is a healthy boy overall now.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Wishes of happiness and good health coming to Sully. Such a sweet boy!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Aww welcome sully! Adorable! Thanks for rescuing him, I'm sure he's thankful you did!

Reactions: pzeidan0

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Such a cute boy! So glad you were able to rescue him!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Thank you for rescuing Sully. He is just adorable. That smile says how happy he is. I guess you both rescued each other. It is a wonderful feeling watching them blossom from a skinny scared pup to a happy loved pup. Cant wait to watch him grow up.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Welcome to the GRF :wavey:. Lucky Sully is a handsome boy!

Thank you for rescuing him.

·
Apollo & Knightley's mum!
279 Posts
My pup is a little over 5 1/2 months but a lot heavier than yours! He's a good weight for his height though (21.5kg or 47 pounds) so I'm guessing my boy is just bigger. It may be that yours catches up, or he could stay a little on the small side. Here's a recent pic of my pup to compare yours with, as they are so similar in age.

It sounds like your pup has been a great addition to your household. I love his facial expression. I know he's going to have a great life now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts