Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My goal is to get a CD with Samantha (she is a CKC Ch, CGC, and has 10 AKC points). She has known how to heel since she was a pup.... (and her dufous brother George has a CD and RN). Then I want to work with Emily and **** because they both have great enthusiasm... And quite frankly the breed ring thing is frustrating, at least if you qualify in obedience, you have a leg towards something. Samantha is 9 1/2 years old.

Reactions: Ljilly28

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I say GO FOR IT!!!! In any case good or bad, your journey will be worth your while and the time spent with your dog well spent. Never EVER a waste of time.

I am hoping for that same goal with Teddi. A few months ago I would have thought 'piece of cake'. Now I am not so sure. However I am not giving up on her, when she shows us she can do something, she shows it BRILLIANTLY!!! It's a bit frustrating, but it will make the reward that much more special. She won't be easy. Gabby.... she probably will be easy.

Enjoy the journey!

·
Kate
21,663 Posts
Good luck Janice<:

I had the same thought about obedience being a lot more fun for the owner. You are in charge of your own destiny... :)

I had a thought too that if you are not dealing with stay issues like I am, anything else is a snap about training and fixing. :)

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Samantha heels beautifully then she thinks she is in the breed ring and starts to gait... So I have asked my dear friend, Sherry Brtitton,from Pet Positive in Gorham, Maine to help me once again!!!

Reactions: Ljilly28 and Titan1

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And actually, Emmie is the one I have high hopes for...

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Best of luck to you.. I love Novice.. enjoy the ride..... it can lead anywhere!

Reactions: Sally's Mom

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have gotten CD's on four of my dogs, then many other titles on them...however, Samantha's technical name is Can Ch (AKC pointed) Celebration's Ready To Go, CGC. We joke that her name should be Celebration's Ready To Go...when I want to.......

Reactions: Claire's Friend

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Good luck and have fun! I am sure you can do it!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Go sally, go sally go go go sally!!

It's brilliant to hear you have such a wonderful goal with a nine and half year old! You better post lot's of up dates on your progress and don't forget photos of your beautiful girl! :D

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Go for it :) It can certainly be fun - even the challenges while you are figuring them out!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
best of luck and enjoy the ride! Lots of good wishes and support coming your way.

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Go for it, good luck, and have fun!!

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Whatever you need, we're here for you...Good luck and ENJOY! Let's get those CDs together!!!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Sally, the best part of obedience is achieving what seems to be the "unachievable" and taking pride in the journey. I put a CD, RN on a 9 year old rescue with bilateral FHOs. I can honestly say that I will cherish the moments I had with him for years to come because it was an unexpected accomplishment.
Please share your adventures toward your goal. We will all be cheering for you!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
YAY Janice and Samantha!! I'll be cheering you on!!
Tracer and I will see you at the Maine shows!

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Left over from my horse days, I have a fetish for bridle leather for my dogs. So today, I ordered 2 new braided collars from Master's Pride Home to help me in my return. I am totally crazy as I have a million collars and my dogs only wear them to train anyway. I have gotten many beautiful leather items from this man over the years.... gotta look the part!!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Good Luck!! My husband is debating getting a CD on Sasha. He is going to take a class for Novice and see how it goes. Selka ws always wonderful at heel but Sasha is still pretty puppyish and not good off leash yet.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts