Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone has ever had this idea or has a list already. I see posts about transports and asking about legs needing to be filled. So far all of them have not come my way but I would be willing to do a leg in my area someday if needed.

So here's the thought: Could we ask the general forum (as not everyone finds their way here) for people who are willing to drive rescue legs and where they live. That way when the time comes to do a transport, the information will already be organized by states and there may be people you can contact that you know will be likely to help. I realize there is already the GRF map but many people on that map do not use the forum anymore or may not be willing to help. It is just a way to get a jump start on planning these transports so it's a quicker and easier process for everyone. Just a thought.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
We did this a long time ago. Only two people contacted me directly and I don't think they even post on the forum anymore. It doesn't hurt to try again. I do know 3 or 4 members here that do a lot of transporting and I used to contact them via PM's or email.

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any of the people who came to the PA get together I could see as volunteering to drive - they were all great caring people. There are more Pa'ns that post here as well. I know a few from the puppy forum who I think would gladly help as well so it might not be a bad idea to try again.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Go for it! You can actually create a mailing list for transporters, send out one email and they'll all get it. That was my intention. I still have the list. Plus, I receive transport lists from others all the time. Transports can get very confusing, but they are very rewarding.

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can PM all the people who came to the Pa get together and the few from the puppy forum that I know should want to help with transports. Perhaps have them forward the info to the people they know from their states or friends here. We can make a thread here for them to post their information on or something? Hmm. Going away today - will do this for these ppl tonight.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
MomtoMax

I agree with Kimm, go for this idea. It would be great to have-I can't find anything on the map.

Also, for those for want to volunteer to drive in transports, also volunteer on the yahoo transport group for your state,
http://groups.yahoo.com/phrase/animal-rescue-transport
on Dogster, on Petfinder. org
http://www.petfinder.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=28b14565603085d4e3cd1f41d2657db4
(there is a transport topic).

All of these forums and others are ALWAYS BEGGING for drivers to help save dogs.

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My sons poll got 111 members to vote...so I thought, maybe this is a good place to pose such a question. Hmm. We'll have to wait and see!! :) Crossing fingers.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I'm fairly new to the forum but have a genuine interest in rescue (just rescued two golden boys within the last several months) and fostering and would love to have my name placed on a list of people willing to help with transporting. Just tell me who to send my info to!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Kathi

Kathi

Put your name on the Yahoo Group Transport Volunteer list for your state,
on Dogster in Transport section and on Petfinder in transport section
and also email Kathi Tufts-she drives in lots of transports
[email protected]

·
and now Chance too!
608 Posts
I do some very complicated and high end programming and could design and do the difficult programming for a site that would let people sign up and view the legs needed/available and even have them auto notified when someone posts up a need.

If someone else here would be willing to pitch in and help with some of the graphics and simpler presentation layer programming (style sheets, etc...) and find some hosting we could probably put up something pretty nice that would help a lot of people.

Anyone interested please feel free to contact me either in this thread of via PM.

Thanks,
Brad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts