Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
My real name is Sandy
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter Storm Warning...thunder snow could dump 6-12 inches

February 26, 2009 - 04:40 a.m. EST

The National Weather Service has upgraded the Winter Storm Watch to a storm warning for most of northern lower Michigan.

A surge of moisture lifting north from the Gulf of Mexico will mix with a push of artic air and spread a swath of heavy snow and mixed precipitation across the region. The Winter Storm Warning is in effect from 4 p.m. this afternoon to 7 a.m. Friday for Alpena County and all points north and west of Alpena.

Snow will overspread the area very late this afternoon and become heavy at times through the evening hours before tapering off by 3 a.m. A total accumulation of 6 to 12 inches of heavy wet snow is expected, with snow falling at the rate of two-inches or more per hour at times. Isolated thunderstorms are also possible which could locally enhance snowfall totals.

Geez--we just had a huge storm a few days ago---I predict another snow day for the kids tomorrow. I bet you are glad you don't live in Michigan.

Pssst---I am actually loving it ;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
You can keep that stuff there, please. Well, most of it anyway (we'll take a few inches of it just to freshen up the snowmobile trails a bit for the weekend;))!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I can feel you pain. We have had way too many storms here also. Running out of places to put all the snow. Looking forward to Spring to spring!

·
My real name is Sandy
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe me I really am enjoying this winter. These storms are exciting and a challenge. I know I will be snowed in tomorrow and thats ok. I am not a hot weather person and I dread lawns to mow, weeds, bugs, sweating. So that said--bring it on and THINK SNOW !!

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I think this is our Friday Rain in NoVa.

I wish we could have that snow. I LOVE snow. The more, the merrier :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts