Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, 1st time poster here.:wavey:

Our beloved golden of 10 years, Solomon, passed away last March and after several months of grieving we have decided to go for it again.:doh:

We pick up Charlie next Saturday in Dahlonega Georgia and start a new chapter in our dog life.:crossfing

Lee Ann & I are both excited and a little nervous, after all, it's been over 10 years since we last worked with a new puppy. The crate has been pulled out of the attic, cobwebs dusted off, cleaned and ready for its new tenant.

Should be wild & crazy around here for the next few weeks/months but will be well worth it once we get him trained in the basics.... or he gets us trained. :uhoh:

....Greg

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,739 Posts
Welcome, congratulations on your new puppy. All of us will be looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing all about your little one.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Welcome, and congratulations on Charlie! New beginnings are always good to honor the memory of those who wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge.

Can't wait to see pics of Charlie!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fun!!!!! Make sure to take tons of pictures. Those baby days don't last long enough!

Sorry about your loss of Soloman. They really are suppose to live forever. :(

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
Welcome!

Congratulations on your new Pup. It will be a happy time in your home again, and believe me, I went from a 13 year old to a just about a year old "puppy" and it was crazy for a few weeks, but you will be so happy just knowing all the happy years ahead for you and your family. Dogs add so much to our lives, and I am sure Solomon gives his blessings on your new addition. I look forward to the pics!

·
Banned
32 Posts
Congrats! I got Otis when Molly was 11, and jeeze was it a rude awakening. But it's so much fun! Best of luck, post lots of pics, and remember....patience is a very precious virtue! LOL We will be starting a new chapter aswell in the spring since with lost our beloved Molly 2 weeks ago... always an exciting time.

·
GO IRISH!
171 Posts
Welcome! Best of luck to you and your new Puppy. It was hard for us to get a new Golden after "comet" but here we are too with Rosebud. I hope the transition is as great as it was for us! Keep us posted

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We sure look forward to seeing more of Charlie as he grows. Your house is going to be activity-filled soon, so get well rested now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts