Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
To cute. I want one. I love the really dark ones and they are so hard to find in Australia. Do you show? Do the judges have a preference of colour. The Aussie judges like them really pale.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh my, makes you want the whole lot of them. . .
I have a question, when picking out a pup from a litter how do you tell what color they will be as an adult? I've heard the darker their ears the darker their coat will be as adult. . .true?
I like them on the light side.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Well Katie up there is our puppy....we picked from this litter because the mother and father are both Dark Golden and we knew we wanted a girl so thats how we picked.

·
Golden Sunrise Retrievers
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a question, when picking out a pup from a litter how do you tell what color they will be as an adult? I've heard the darker their ears the darker their coat will be as adult. . .true?
We like the darker ones. Jake and Dixie are both dark - all of their pups have been pretty dark.

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Augie's ears were a bit darker than the rest of him and he indeed turned that color as he grew. I would think, though, that goldens aren't going to turn dramatically different than the color they are at birth... so if both parents are light, and the pup is light, you aren't going to end up with a dark golden as an adult.

You can see what I mean in this picture of him:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Augie is soooo cute!!!

telsmith1, all of your babies are beautiful!! They are going to be so beautiful when they grow up!!! I can't wait to see more pic's as they grow. Do you tattoo them or microchip them? When is the best time to do the tattooing and microchipping? I've been looking into breeding, and I have big binder full of notes to study.. but that is the one thing I haven't been able to come across yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts