Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Meet Henry! He's almost 4 months old and is turning out to be quite the little golden man! We started puppy kindergarten class this weekend and went to the dog park for the first time. Henry gave kisses to everyone, but fell in love with a poodle named Sassy...oh boy!

Today we had an exciting morning. I fed Henry his breakfast and took him outside for potty time and guess what came out??? Disgusting long white wiggling worms!! They looked like a pile of spaghetti!!! So gross! Poor guy had one stuck halfway out of his bum so I grabbed a doggie bag and pulled it out! I'm feeling nauseous just thinking about it. I will never be able to eat pasta again!!

We went to the vet, Who said it was a roundworm infestation, and got a Drontal tablet. We'll repeat treatment in 2 weeks.

Poor little guy!

Attachments

·
Pearl, Lila, Betty's mom
3,147 Posts
Pearly had those too. Nasty looking creatures! We did the worming treatment and they have not come back. So gross!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Very gross....hard to believe something so gross can come out of something so cute :)

Reactions: lhowemt

·
Registered
207 Posts
oh no! I bet that was hard to see! Poor thing.... :)

·
Golden Lover
440 Posts
Henry will be fine, after his treatment. It is a very gross thing to see, but unfortunately many puppies get worms. Glad you are enjoying your puppy so much.

·
AAARF!
2,216 Posts
Henry is such a little cutie!

That's too bad about the worms. My first pup had them too and you're right, it is gross! I was quite horrified when I saw them coming out of her! :yuck:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts