Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be taking home my first puppy at the end of October and was wondering if anyone has a list of helpful books and resources that I could read beforehand or follow throughout future training sessions in order to have the best possible relationship with my dog.

As a first time owner, I have literally no experience training a dog so as such want to be as prepared and as knowledgable as possible. So far I've watched a ton of Zak George videos, read through countless threads on this forum and other articles and training methods.

I had also been recommended and started reading "Training The Best Dog Ever" by Dawn Sylvia-Stasiewicz and Larry Kay, has anyone read through this and would also recommend?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been going through training books by Kyra Sundance, she has several books so just to name a couple that I have read, she has 101 dog tricks and the dog rules. Pippa Mattinson has a book called total recall. I get training tips from Pippa Mattinson and have learned a lot just from the tips, I haven't read the book Totall recall yet but from looking through it and looking at the table of contents it looks like it is a good one. There is also a YouTube channel, it's me or the dog, it might help as well. Victoria Stilwell does the YouTube channel and also has some books. I hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts