Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’ve been trying to come up with a good registered name for our 12 week old puppy, Hunter. We picked him up from Dromara last month.

He’s high energy, mischievous and really not afraid of anything.

Any good suggestions?

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Plant Grass

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
He’s cute! How did you choose the name Hunter? From a movie? Cartoon? I ask because my granddaughter named her kitten Hunter. She got it from Owl House, which is a cartoon.

Kennel name in front of these:
Treasure Hunter
Lookin for ====== (fill in the blank with whatever )
Ready Aim Fire

Sorry, I have names picked out so far in advance for my puppies! Lol I’m not good with coming up with things on the spot.

Reactions: njdglvr

·
Registered
Finn
962 Posts
Dromara's X Marks the Spot
Dromara's Smokin' Gun
Dromara's Buckshot

That's all I've got. Hopefully you come up with something you like!

·
Kate
24,263 Posts
Registered name does not have to have anything to do with a dog's call name.

Name him something that rings a bell with you and your family + seems to match the pup or his personality, and just checks all the boxes for you. Only things that do matter is check the name in AKC to see if the name has been used before. If it has, then AKC will add roman numerals after your dog's name. And profanity is a given - don't do. :)

Also... dogs live up to their names. For luck, do not name your dog anything that you don't want your dog to do or be. No Heartbreakers or Runaround Sues!

My dogs typically have jumping - or some other air lifting action in their names, for luck. My 2 babies have references to sky, birds, flying, etc... in their names. Although even that may change over time. I was sitting down in our driveway looking up our hill after my dogs who were nosing around while the golden leaves from our walnuts flew down, catching the sunlight on their way... and somewhat thought that my next dog may have a name like "Golden Afternoon" or such. Who knows. ;)

My first thought was that it would be so very tempting to make "Dromara's Big Drama" or something with Drama in there. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts