Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

We've had our golden Henry for about 4 years now (going on 5yo in October) and I just noticed that a there is a white spot / patch of fur that appeared just above his left eye - I've posted a picture to show in the reply.

Now obviously it didn't appear overnight but I just started noticing it this morning so I am guessing it was much fainter in the past - looking back at videos in March and I can't see it.

Any idea what it might be? I tried looking online but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
Deborah

·
3 goldens
12,188 Posts
Only thing that comes to my mind is maybe he is going gray faced. I have seen where people posted of their dogs going white faced at 4-5 years old. Our one golden (he was darkred) had a white spot on the topof his head when we got him at 6 months, but it went awaywith time. Herdof spots going away, but never just cropping up--other than when they are going white faced. Sorry I can't really be of any help. Oh, heis a handsome boy.

·
Registered
13,666 Posts
I think it's also just the start of greying. Shala is 5 - she has a bit of white already around her mouth, and on the weekend, I JUST noticed there is a spot of white starting above one of her eyes, too. It is a common area for greying.

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
Sometimes when they have an injury the hair comes back in white. My Edward has a place on his ear that is whiter than white from a dog bite when he was a young dog.

·
Registered
919 Posts
My golden started to have a bit of whiting around her eye about 6. Now my lab? She’s been graying everywhere since probably 5. My first chocolate lab to gray as fast as she had.

·
Charlotte
7,027 Posts
I too think it is probably an injury. Jess has a small white patch on his back, and that's what I was told it mostly likely was. Greying on the face usually follows a certain pattern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts