Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Which name do you prefer for a female Golden?

• Peaches

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Lulu

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Olive

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Lily

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Willow

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • Penny

Votes: 4 8.9%

Help us name our Puppy!

4K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  NewfieMom 
#1 ·
Hi,
We're looking for a name for our new Golden Retriever female pup. We will be bringing her home in February and she'll be a light gold/near cream colour.
We already have a Pug named Gus, so the name should ideally sound cute paired with Gus.
Thanks! Also any suggestions are welcome in replies :wave:

#6 ·
Thanks everyone! We will be meeting the puppies next week, after the puppies have passed 5 weeks old, so I will be sure to post some pictures then! (I have a few pics from the breeder but they are from the first week and aren't the best pics). Our breeder is also going to have them temperament tested and matched with the families so we won't know which one will be ours until sometime in January. We are so excited though. :D

#16 ·
For some reason, I love all the repeating names- Lulu, Zuzu, Gigi etc.

#17 ·
I'd give it a little time to match to her personality. If she is wacky, go with Lulu. If she is reserved, elegant then I like Willow, Lily and somewhere inbetween then Olive. What does her "big brother" like? Oh, but to match with Gus -- then Gus and Olive.

#18 ·
I like Peaches or Penny. Our golden girl who was very pale coloured was Daisy :) Other girl names I like for goldens are Ruby and Callie.

You must be so excited to pick her up! This time last year we were only a few days from picking up our golden boy Sammy and we just couldn't wait to bring him home!

#19 ·
We are very excited to pick her up...3 more weeks to go! I'm madly reading every training and dog book I can get my hands on to be ready for her. Our son likes Lulu, but that's probably because that was a nickname for one of his friends...we probably won't leave the decision completely up to him or we'll end up with something we may not be happy with 10 years from now, haha.

We will likely decide on a name too once we have a better idea of her personality. Some others I have thought of that we may consider are Layla, Gracie (yes both Oprah's golden's names ;) ). We are asking for a more calm and gentle pup, but still playful for our active family, so we'll see which one the breeder matches us with. Thanks to all for the comments and votes! :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.