Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!! First of all, you could not have picked a better breed of dog for your family.

I have no kids yet, but my 23 month old male, Neo, has been exposed to many kids, including those that are handicap. I have to say that he is extremely gentle with kids. The breed seems to know how to treat children. I will admit that when he was a young puppy (under a year) he was a very big handful. I could not have imagined having young kids and a puppy at the same time. Although your kids aren't young, so i guess it wouldn't matter :)

I had a female golden/lab mix growing up as a kid and now our male golden. I would say the only difference besides the size is that females want you to love them, but males want to love you. I have noticed that Neo is just a big goofball. Sometimes the females can be more standoffish and reserved. Then again this is just my opinion.

Please keep us updated on your puppy search. Don't forget to consider rescuing. There are so many wonderful goldens out there that need homes. :D Can't wait to hear more and see pics of the newest addition once you get him or her.

·
Registered
30 Posts
you may want to try the website fortheloveofgoldens.com they are located on the northshore of long island. they are wonderful people although i can't attest to their breeding.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts