Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hard time getting Hines to chew anything. I have tried, antlers, bully sticks, all different types of raw hydes, pig ears and a number of different chew toys and he just wont chew on anything. He is starting to teeth so I tried giving him chilly bones, ice cubes and a frozen towel but those did not work either. He will not chew on anything that we give him but he sure tries to chew on the couch, pillows, carpet and pretty much anything else he shouldnt have. Any suggestions of something I haven't tried yet?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I don't have a puppy yet, but the only thing I can think of is,... and I know this may be a long shot..., but do you think he may be chewing on things that carry your scent? I would try taking a small towel or receiving type blanket or and old t-shirt you've worn and maybe knot it up. I know they say you're not supposed to give puppies chew items that closely resemble things you don't want them to chew. However, if he's alone too long or has separation anxiety, it may be your scent he is after. Just a thought.

·
Registered
33 Posts
try putting a little peanut butter on some raw hyde, it keeps my little Rookie busy for awhile. He licks at first but then will chew iwanting to get more peanut butter. It's worth a shot. Good luck

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
uhhhm, let me be the first to say this might not be a bad thing :).

The peanut butter is good advice.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
My pup LOVES leather, so I went ahead and got him some leather chew toys. However, I now have to be extra diligent about putting away my personal leather items because he doesn't know not to chew those.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,079 Posts
We don't give our dogs rawhide either......we try to buy them chews that say "long lasting"...yeah, maybe to a chihuahua!!! We give them anything made by Roll Over..they like the pork chew sticks.....or mommy's shoes!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts