Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started over the summer & he keeps getting more all the time. They dont really seem to bother him too much but when we pet him the bumps are all over & are red.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It might be a staph infection. Which he might require a trip to the vet to get antibiotics. You can also get a shampoo like Microtek from Tractor Supply (or something like it) that helps to sooth the skin and clear them up. The vet might give a shampoo also. My Bama got one when he was a puppy. It was all over his belly and armpits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no fleas & when I went to the vet 2mo ago for a ear infection he had 10 to 15 of the bumps & the vet said somthing like a cloged pour or hair folical. the steroid shot for the ear cleard them up for a mo. but now he has them all over and I used the med. shampoo the vet gave me & no change. I had heard goldens have skin problems but this is so bumpy & seems to bad to let go. would a staff infection be like this & come back like this??

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Yes and only antibiotics will clear it up.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
It could be an allergy, especially since you say that he also had an ear infection and that shampoo doesn't seem to be working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts