1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have much to go on here. His parents names are:

Sire: Left On Tacketts Mill
Dam: Sunday Sunshine IV

Neither are in K9 Data, but considering where he came from that is of no surprise.

Can someone here with full AKC access pull and PDF me copies of the parents Pedigree's ?

There is no litter theme of course. An no breeder name.

And you guys are good at this :)

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
Unfortunately the AKC DB is closed to the public - unless someone here is an AKC employee no one has "full" access to their DB. You can order a report from the AKC since both parents are AKC registered - without data in k9data there isn't a good pedigree look-up though without running a report. The easiest thing to do is to order a 5 generation pedigree when you send in his registration (that's less expensive than running reports on both parents anyhow).
Erica

·
Registered
425 Posts
Here is some info on the background of the name Milo. I thought I would post it to see if it gets the creative juices flowing. It gives a little more to go on.

I'm not at all good at this, but what about something like: Relaxing (from Milo) in the Sun (from dam)?

The name Milo is of uncertain derivation.

Of Germanic origin, adopted by the French as Milon, and established in English-speaking countries as Miles.

Milo might come from the German 'mild' (mild, peaceful, calm), which is derived from the Old German root 'milan' (to mill, beat, crush, or rub until fine or tender). Alternatively, it might be from the Old Slavonic root 'milu' (merciful), the Old Slavic 'mil' (grace, favor). Milo was also a Roman personal name.

In the Middle Ages, the usual Latin form of Miles was Milo, which might have been in this case associated with the Latin word 'miles', meaning soldier.

Milo is also an Ancient Greek name. Milo of Croton was a famous Greek athlete in the latter part of the 6th century B.C. It might be a variant of the Greek Melos, a volcanic island in the Aegean Sea.

The Venus de Milo is an ancient Greek statue and one of the most famous works of ancient Greek sculpture.

Milo is also the modern Greek word for apple.

It is the Hawaiian word for Hawaiian hibiscus.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Thanks, Maya's Mom, that's cool information!
Since it's the Greek word for Apple, how about:

(your last name)'s Apple of My Eye

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's what I was thinking I would have to do.

You used to be able to order a 7 generation pedigree. Not any more.

Unfortunately the AKC DB is closed to the public - unless someone here is an AKC employee no one has "full" access to their DB. You can order a report from the AKC since both parents are AKC registered - without data in k9data there isn't a good pedigree look-up though without running a report. The easiest thing to do is to order a 5 generation pedigree when you send in his registration (that's less expensive than running reports on both parents anyhow).
Erica

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
Yeah, that's what I was thinking I would have to do.

You used to be able to order a 7 generation pedigree. Not any more.
Yes, but my guess is that if you were to take that 5 generation pedigree and input the missing links on k9data you'll come pretty close to getting a 7 or 12 generation pedigree with existing relatives (siblings perhaps) already in the database...If you can find littermates (or siblings) you'll be able to infer backwards...No guarantees of course, but highly likely.

Erica

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Since the 1st name sounds like street directions, and combined with Sunday...

Last Name's Out for a Sunday Stroll
Last Name's Life is a Joy Ride

I couldn't think of anything to go with Milo.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Milo was also the name of the dog belonging to the character played by Jim Carrey, Stanley Ipkiss, in The Mask.

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
Here are a few ideas I had floating around my head.

"Mile O' Snuggles in the Sunshine" (Smiles, Giggles, Love, etc.)
"Mile O' Rays of Sunshine"
"Mile O' Sunshine Smiles" (again, substitute whatever word)
"Sweet Mile O' Sunshine"

And going off of Wikepedia's description: Milo (IPA /maɪləʊ/) is a milk beverage with chocolate and malt, produced by Nestlé and originating from Australia. It was developed by Thomas Mayne in 1934.

"Malt of Milo Mate" (LOL)
"Outback Milo Sunshine"

Maybe these will add to your creative juices. Who knows. It's always fun to try coming up with fun names.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Since there's no kennel name, it's not uncommon to use your own family last name to begin the AKC registered name.

Nuttin's Golden Boy

heehee

I see a few references to "Last Name". What do you mean by that...

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think we have a winner in here :)

Here are a few ideas I had floating around my head.

"Mile O' Snuggles in the Sunshine" (Smiles, Giggles, Love, etc.)
"Mile O' Rays of Sunshine"
"Mile O' Sunshine Smiles" (again, substitute whatever word)
"Sweet Mile O' Sunshine"

And going off of Wikepedia's description: Milo (IPA /maɪləʊ/) is a milk beverage with chocolate and malt, produced by Nestlé and originating from Australia. It was developed by Thomas Mayne in 1934.

"Malt of Milo Mate" (LOL)
"Outback Milo Sunshine"

Maybe these will add to your creative juices. Who knows. It's always fun to try coming up with fun names.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Since Gilmour is named after your favorite guitarist you could go with something along the lines of one of his songs...

Out of the blue Milo...(since he came to you out of the blue)
High Hopes Milo
Echoes of Milo
Milo Red Sky at Night

or any of your favorite songs of his

may be dumb idea but who knows, maybe you can find one you like and they'll have something in common

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Doing a google search on David Gilmour brings up Moonlight Mile, not sure if it is a song of his or not though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts