Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got this girl on Sunday. She came from a kill shelter in MO. The rescue has her listed as a Golden, but I'm not sure. It doesn't really matter, just wondering on peoples opinions, so I could give potential adopters the right information.

The ears look like German Shepherd, but the white on her nose makes me think Toller. She definitely acts like a Golden.http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=HpS&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=X&ei=vKDkT9WgJYiurAfD0cDqCA&ved=0CAkQvwUoAQ&q=german+shepherd&spell=1

Attachments

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
awwwww she's so pretty. Thank you for saving her!

I think her face, coat and tail look very Golden. Those big melting eyes. :) But she could well have some Toller in there, although her coat color doesn't look orange-y.

My guess would be she's half Golden, and one parent is a mix. If she acts like a Golden, I hope she'll find a home really soon.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
To me, I do see some golden, not sure what else though. She is a good looking dog. Thanks for rescuing her.

·
Kate
21,060 Posts
I see a lot of golden in her.

The other breeds that could be in her... who knows. I generally have to remind myself that with a lot of these mixed dogs, they could be a mix from a mix from a mix....

Whatever is behind her, I see enough that looks golden - so one of her parents must have been close to purebred. And she's a beauty<:

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Looks like some kind of Collie mixed in there. How old is she? Fantastic mix! If you look at my photos, you can see the pix of my family's Golden Collie/Sheltie mixes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep, that's all that matters to me. I would adopt her myself if I didn't already have 2 dogs, a GSP and a Golden. As you can see, my Lacy in the left of the picture is nearing the end(going on 13).

I can't keep them all, but I surely can foster them until the find a good home!

Thanks everyone for the input.

·
Faux Wanda
1,528 Posts
The first picture looks a little like border collie mix but that second picture looking straight at her looks very much golden to me. She is very cute. What is her temperament like? She was so lucky to be rescued from that shelter. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts