1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Shelly B
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
Both have all their clearances - so that's a good start. The better experts here will have to weigh in on the pedigree and lines!

·
Kate
20,475 Posts
Because I like to see everything on the same page, here's a quick look at what would be your puppy's pedigree.

My feeling is this is a line breeding... not as close as some but COI on pup is probably going to be a little higher than both parents. On the good side, this means your pup is going to be very typey. I would guess good size, blond, and big boned.

Further back (4th and 5th generation back), you have a lot of dogs who lived longer. Closer up you either have younger deaths or incomplete info.

Because Captain Kangaroo shows up a few times on both sides of the pedigree, I'd want to talk to the breeder about him. If he's alive, it means he's about 12 years old. However....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,374 Posts
She's a Rooster daughter! I love Rooster and Captain, gorgeous boys. This looks like a really nice breeding. It is a line breeding so I'd just a look at the dogs that are being doubled up on and make sure you like them. I'd feel confident going with Soundview, I've met some really nice dogs bred by them.

·
Shelly B
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After much research, I got on the waiting list for a puppy at Soundview Farms in Hansville Wa. I just brought her home this weekend. The breeder was extremely professional and the pedigree and health clearances were all good. They have a great set up, follow strict guidelines, extremely clean, and work with the puppies before you bring them home. Samantha came home knowing about going potty outside and sleeping through the night. There is not a health guarantee, but I feel confident that Soundview has made good breeding decisions and feel that my dog has the best chance possible.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats! Which pup did you take home? I have the little white guy and another member here took home the rainbow girl. There are now three of us here with pups from Soundview's Joy litter.

·
Shelly B
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Agolden4me! All the pups from the Joy litter were beautiful. I have the lime girl. She is a real handful. She does well inside, but once outside wants to eat EVERYTHING. I have landscaping everywhere and I can't even image how much work it would be to remove all the plants that are not good for dogs to eat. And she eats rocks too.

I haven't had to confine her to a room, because she won't leave the area of her bed. I work from home, and she is always close by.

I have a LOT of work to do. I am optimistic about getting her trained though and am ready to get started. It's a lot harder than it sounded in the books, but we are giving it a go.

Keep in touch about the progress your baby is making. It's fun to be able to compare her to her littermates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Shelley & Agolden4me, I was also lucky enough to bring home one of the pups from the "Joy" litter. Bowie (the kelly green boy) is also a handful, but he's smart as a whip and we can tell he's going to be a great family dog. We are based on Whidbey Island -- it would be great to organize a sibling meetup if anyone is in the Seattle area.

All the best,
Nick

·
Shelly B
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi Nick @NAWilliams,
So fun to find another Soundview pup from the Joy litter! You can see pics of Samantha on my profile page here]. I would love to meet up sometime. I am in Poulsbo, but I go to Seattle regularly and also have friends on Whidbey (a beautiful place!)

Recently Sam's coat has turned wavy, the puppy fuzz is going away ;( She is doing well on her training, but is definitely not a lap dog. She wants to run and play. We are boundary training her and she's done great so far. I'd say our greatest challenge is to get her to not jump up on visitors. She knows "down", but will not do it when excited.

Can't wait to see Bowie! Take care, Shelly

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
I remember their mom Nina at their age. Congratuations!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Shelley & Agolden4me, I was also lucky enough to bring home one of the pups from the "Joy" litter. Bowie (the kelly green boy) is also a handful, but he's smart as a whip and we can tell he's going to be a great family dog. We are based on Whidbey Island -- it would be great to organize a sibling meetup if anyone is in the Seattle area.

All the best,
Nick
Coco, Soundviews Muse of Joy...rainbow girl wants in on the party. We are in Port Townsend. 4th golden and she is pretty easy for a puppy. Can't take my eye off for a second in the garden...and today the bees were buzzing and she was way too interested.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts