Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently found scabs on the belly and hind legs of my 3 month old golden pup. I first noticed them very sparsely a week or so ago. Then today, found them in clusters all over. Just on hind legs and belly tho, I have inspected other areas of her body and not found them. She does not have fleas as she received a dose of trifexis on December 23rd. On the day we received the trifexis, she did have a rather adverse affect to one of her scheduled vaccinations - extreme sensitivity to touch, and vomiting. However, I’m not sure if this is connected. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Mammal Felidae Fawn Beige Snout

·
Super Moderator
Beckett
579 Posts
Could be puppy pyoderma, which is just a contact dermatitis from something touching their skin. My guy got similar bumps on his skin near his groin from running around and squatting in newly cut, wet, or even just regular grass. Most puppies outgrow it as they get taller.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be. Most of them are pretty scabbed over and they don’t seem to bother her much unless I touch them. There are less on her belly than on the backs of her legs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts