Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup Kona is now 10 weeks old and I cannot seem to break his aggressive biting habit. It is not all the time but he can get over aggressive quickly. I have tried holding the snout and so on with no avail. I would truly appreciate any suggestions. He is a beautiful dog.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Golden puppies are little land sharks. Do not hold his snout to make him stop. A lound NO BITE and give him something appropriate to chew. You will find lots of other info if you do a search here.

·
Premium Member
17,907 Posts
It is totally normal behaviour for puppies. When he bites, as Oakley's Dad said, give a stern NO BITE and offer him a toy instead to chew on. You can also try teaching him "Lick" or "kiss" by putting peanut butter on your hand and when he licks repeat the word, Good Lick. Then when he goes to bite you you ask for a lick instead.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Does your dog have toys to nibble on? At 10 wks it could be his teeth.

Does he just bite you for no reason, or are you playing and he bites? Can you explain a little more? If you hold his mouth shut that is only gonna make him madder and more aggressive (imho). I mean if someone held my mouth shut, I would bite too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts