Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so Ginger is my golden retriever and she is 9 years old. Recently she has not been eating at all. She can't get up on her own and is very lethargic. She has been having orange diarrhea too. I am afraid we are losing her! She looks terrible and has lost a lot of weight and is very boney, especially in her lower spine. She has never had any problems before.

We took her to the vet and they did the Heartworm, Lymes, and something else test and all were fine. They took some blood and the results will be back later tonight.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what could be the problem?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't know what the problem may be - but just wanted to send Ginger some get well vibes. It's very scary not knowing what is happening with your pup.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Sending out our thoughts and prayers to Ginger.
Keep us updated on how she is doing.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I am sorry to hear that Ginger is struggling. I hope you get some answers soon. I also have a 9 year old girl so I will be thinking about you and sending positive thoughts.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Gingerrrr

I am praying for Ginger and you.
Hopefully they can find what ails her!!!

·
where the tails wag
13,366 Posts
If you live in a tick area, you may want to start her on Doxie. The Tick Borne Diseases may not show up in bloodwork for a while and she is exhibiting symptoms that could be TBD related. I think the general guideline is to start treatment if the dog is symptomatic and have the blood retested in about a month.

This of course would depend on her blood work not showing a different cause.

Good luck.

·
3 goldens
11,870 Posts
Here is prayers and good thoughts for your girl.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all, I really appreciate it.
But very sadly, we had to put her to sleep.
She had multiple tumors in different areas.
It may be the hardest thing I have ever had to do, she was our first dog.

R.I.P. Ginger, you will be missed.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of Ginger. Prayers for you and your family. Run free sweet girl, know you are loved and greatly missed.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
So very sorry for your loss,thinking of you and your family. RIP Sweet Ginger

·
i lub alda mi prens
1,083 Posts
OMG That is so sad!!! I am so sorry for your loss. It is one of the hardest things to do. I hope that your recovery will be quick and you can open your home to another beautiful creature to share your life with soon. Blessed Be.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Know that as much as it hurts, you did the kindest most love filled act by setting her free and not letting her suffer. We will be here with ears to listen and shoulders to lean on when/if you feel like sharing your feelings and more of your life with sweet Ginger. Godspeed sweet girl.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts