Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Literally every day I change my mind about this.

I moved to a "farm" with a lot of land and is literally out in the sticks. I now have a fenced in back yard and plenty of room and a place I OWN instead of rent.

Should I get Hayden another dog to be with? I work 12 hour night shifts so I let her outside while I sleep during the day. She doesn't seem to know what to do out there anymore.

BUT on the other hand when she's inside she wants all the attention. She will push the cats off of me (lol) and will lay on top of me if she has to. Heck she'll even push the cats totally off the bed if they are even just laying up against me.

I wish I could ASK her if she wants another dog here or not lol. I don't mind either way.
There is a man needing to find a home for his 1 year old mix and i'd like to help him out but I honestly don't know if HAYDEN wants that.

I was planning to meet him at the dog park to let them meet and see how that goes but that's play time.. not all the time kind of situation so I wouldn't know how she'll feel once we are home.

When I had Duke she didn't mind him there. But he was a puppy and if she gave him this look he'd go lay down somewhere and chew on a bone.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
she wants a pal!!

it isn't always love at lst meeting..as long as it's not aggression, they'll love each other

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I just came across an owner surrender golden at a somewhat local shelter. I e-mailed them saying i'll take her if she's still there!! 1.5 years old.. perfect!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a lucky stroke - as if that golden was meant for you. Send pics!
If I'm able to get her I for sure will! I'll sneak off from work to go pick her up.. although she's about an hour and a half drive out so it'll be more of take day off of work lol

:crossfing

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I think you should see if you could get your Duke back especially if he's having issues with the small dogs in his new house. Hayden already knows her brother, so it would just be reuniting the family vice working in a new dog/dynamics.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you should see if you could get your Duke back especially if he's having issues with the small dogs in his new house. Hayden already knows her brother, so it would just be reuniting the family vice working in a new dog/dynamics.
I offered and he didn't reply. I'm guessing that's a no way from him lol I think he loves Duke too much to give him up. Duke is his dog.. the little ones are his moms.
I know Duke would be the best option but apparently that's not going to happen.

Yea I figure she needs some companionship and now that the dog park is like an hour away...
I need to take my horse to my landlords place as well for some horse socialization time as well. I really should rescue a pony or something for him. Maybe once it warms up and I fix the shelter in the pasture....

crap :( just went to the petfinder page to post her pic here but now it says "Golden Retriever: A dog with an adoption pending"

makes me sad :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts