Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello there everyone! My name's Alexander! I'm currently in the process of researching/trying to find reputable golden breeders located in Florida! When I found this forum I figured this would be a great source for knowledgeable information!

Truthfully I am extremely new to trying to find a breeder as every dog I have previously had the pleasure of raising have been rescues, however, I am currently looking to purchase a golden as my next service dog prospect. (Temperament and health are VERY important.)

I have found a couple of breeders and am wondering if anyone has any experience with any of them and/or if anyone is able to fact check their information!

Paradise Golden Retrievers |

Salty Goldens

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
You'd never find those two on any list of reputable breeders. Salty is a doodle maker and even if they weren't, they focus on making puppies as a job. Every time I have looked @ their site, they have several litters coming, and this is
not someone who is involved in dogs beyond making puppies. I suppose if it were rabbits or something it would be okay to parcel out tens of them with families and breed them repeatedly but rabbits aren't generally companion animals. And while I don't see 'rare green eyes' in her dog (they appear to be unattractive amber eyes) if indeed the eyes are rare green, they are not Goldens somewhere back there.

Paradise has finally removed her GRCA claims (since she is not a member the claim was untrue) and she too neglects to do full clearances. She just makes puppies. There are threads about both on this forum, more so about Paradise I believe.

You can do so much better- almost by any method.
There's a dog show in Ocala this weekend- you might go, watch Goldens (today they are on @ 1030) and meet people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reputable breeder reviews

Hi all. I have read through several of the threads and it’s very overwhelming but informative. I am looking for a reputable breeder in the GA, NC, FL area. I have looked at Honors Golden Retrievers and Good Life Golden’s. Any opinions out there please?

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,050 Posts
Might I suggest you try contacting Prism Goldens in Ocala, Florida. That lady is a wonderful breeder who cares a great deal for helping puppy buyers find the best, healthiest puppy they can. And she's scrupulous and honest, and complies with the GRCA Code of Ethics.

There might be some info about her somewhere around this forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Help Finding Reputable FL Breeders

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am new to this as well and recently just asked the same question as you, as I reside in Florida as well. Fortunately we both found this site and the people on it!! I was given great advice and referrals. As a result I will be picking up a beautiful, wonderful little fella soon!! Prism Goldens is awesome to deal with! She really cares about these canine companions and wants to make sure that you get the right one for you. When I went to her about a puppy, she did not hesitate to explain all of my options to me. One of the options she gave me was another reputable breeder that had a puppy available now, (rather than me waiting 6 months for a puppy from her). I could not believe that he would be so kind, but it just goes to prove her exemplary character and the fact that she, along with a lot of other breeders on this site, are not in it just for the money like so many others are. They are in it because they really care about the welfare of the dogs and they want to make sure that good, deserving people are able to make that special connection with a forever buddy. They also want to make sure that you know what to look for when choosing a dog and that you are getting one from a reputable person and not a puppy mill. Listen and be patient. The people on this site will deifintely steer you in the right direction and get you a healthy, happy, puppy that you can cherish!! Good luck!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello there everyone! My name's Alexander! I'm currently in the process of researching/trying to find reputable golden breeders located in Florida! When I found this forum I figured this would be a great source for knowledgeable information!

Truthfully I am extremely new to trying to find a breeder as every dog I have previously had the pleasure of raising have been rescues, however, I am currently looking to purchase a golden as my next service dog prospect. (Temperament and health are VERY important.)

I have found a couple of breeders and am wondering if anyone has any experience with any of them and/or if anyone is able to fact check their information!

Paradise Golden Retrievers |

Salty Goldens
Hi there! As others have mentioned, Prism in Ocala is very nice. We got our puppy from Leongolden in Wellington, FL. We toured the property, met all of the dogs, they're AKC breeders of merit and dog all the required health testing. Outside of having show dogs, we're in contact with a lot of other puppy owners and they're all in love with their puppies. Some are therapy dogs, service dogs, show dogs, or just pets.

The breeders have been so wonderful and since we wanted to show, have offered to mentor us :)

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Might I suggest you try contacting Prism Goldens in Ocala, Florida. That lady is a wonderful breeder who cares a great deal for helping puppy buyers find the best, healthiest puppy they can. And she's scrupulous and honest, and complies with the GRCA Code of Ethics.

There might be some info about her somewhere around this forum.
I second this. I am a proud owner of a Prism Golden (Moses). Robin is a wealth of information, and just the breeder you want behind your puppy. I text or e-mail her when I have questions about Moses, and even Noah, who I did NOT get from her.

I waiting almost 10 months for Moses (by getting on her wait list). And the wait was worth it. I got a well bred puppy, well raised puppy and temperament tested to fit into our family perfectly. He came home and slept through the night starting his first night. I'm sure that the blanket she sent us home with that momma slept on helped a lot in providing comfort to Moses. He's now a very handsome 20 month old who is a PERFECT fit for us.

Moses is in the front, Noah in the back. Moses is well bred, Noah is not (BYB). Both boys are my heart.

Side note - I can never figure out how to turn the photos here - they are oriented correctly on my computer. Sigh.....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator Leader
44,829 Posts
Side note - I can never figure out how to turn the photos here - they are oriented correctly on my computer. Sigh....
You're pictures probably need to be reduced in size, once you reduce them, they should load in the correct direction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts