Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My family and I are trying to find a reputable breeder here in Missouri (we live in the St. Louis area). We are a MAJOR puppy mill state so my family is trying to find a breeder that is NOT involved in any way. We have heard about Sievers Retrievers and called but have gotten no response. Does anyone have some good breeders that we could look into?

Also, what are the steps we should be taking if we are wanting to get our puppy in the summer?

Our last dog was a rescue from a shelter and we just went and picked her up. This time around we want a male golden.

Any tips would be wonderful.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Run, run, run from Sievers! Have you considered a rescue? Dirks Fund in Pacific MO take in quite a bit of puppies.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Puppy referral contacts for the Kansas City GRC is Gary Wolz [email protected] and for the GRC of Greater St. Louis is Suzanne Wakefield [email protected]

Check out the breeders listed on the Goldenbreedersresource.org by inputting Missouri under the Kennels to pull up those located in your area.

A few to check with are Christina Yohe, Heritage Goldens - heritagegoldens.com
Cherush Goldens, Sandy Primovic, [email protected] and Confetti Goldens, Ken & Judy Schlecht, [email protected]

Start contacting breeders now for litters for the summer as reservations lists fill quickly once pups are on the ground. Make sure all 4 clearances for hips, elbows, eyes (must be done yearly) and heart are done on the both sire and dam (as well as look at the 5 generations behind each dog for clearances). Go to the GRCA.org website to read about Acquiring a puppy as well as the stickys on this forum.

Good luck with your search for a puppy!

·
Registered
926 Posts
I would suggest contacting Hillside Goldens

Page 1

The are located in MO and are excellent breeders. They do all the clearances, are active in conformation and performance events.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Run, run, run from Sievers! Have you considered a rescue? Dirks Fund in Pacific MO take in quite a bit of puppies.
Ahh really? Are they horrible? I have a family friend who got their boy from Sievers Retrievers and another family friend has their dog from Sievers Kennels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts