Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mommy to Hudson :)
196 Posts
Hello everyone,

Im new to this forum and also not too sure where to post these general questions yet. I live in Ontario, Canada, and my husband and I have been looking for a good breeder in the area. We would love to adopt a puppy in the next couple of months. I came across www.goldenfieldkennel.com
Can anyone give me a good recommendation for my area...or check out this site to let me know if this sounds like a good breeder.

Thank you so very much!!

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
What concerns me is they have a lot of dogs, don't seem to list pedigrees and clearances for every dog on the website or k9data. So If you are set on going with them really question health clearances - ask to see copies of the clearances. And they don't mention elbows, which should be done as well. Usually breeders will brag about these things AND post them on their website, so it's odd that they are missing.

Below is a website with some info, they also have some breeders listed, it might be worth checking out to compare.
http://www.ontariogoldens.com/index.php?pr=Home_Page

Lana

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
bumping up

·
Registered
274 Posts
Good luck. I hope you find a very healthy and adorable puppy soon :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Of the upcoming litter - only sire has clearances listed with OFA - hips and elbows only - no eyes (should be done annually) or heart (done by a cardiologist). He turned 2 in August. Dam of the litter has NO clearances listed on OFA. This doesn't mean that they haven't done hips or elbows (they may use OVC) but at the least a Heart and eye clearance should be listed.... I also don't like the lack on information about the dogs on the website. Where abouts in Ontario are you? There are some really great breeders in this province.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
We have several members here that are great responsible breeders from your area. I will change the title in your thread so some of them might know of a breeder if they dont have dogs.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
I looked into them until I was unable to find (m)any clearances. With that being said, a friend of mine's parents are bringing home 2 littermates from Goldenfield this weekend!

The top few kennels in Ontario that I narrowed it down to during our puppy search are:
- In The Pink (Molson came from them)
- Animation Acres
- Amberview

Heather from Arcane Goldens is also a member (arcane) on the forum here and has produced some beautiful puppies! She comes highly recommended as well. her website is: www.arcanegoldens.com

Let us know if you have any other questions!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Timber came from Kim McDonald at Stormynights Goldens in Shanty Bay.
I wouldn't hesitate to get another from Kim when the time is right!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
We picked up our pup from Mary at Golden Asset Kennels in Georgetown.

http://www.goldenassetkennels.ca/ (turn down your volume)

We're super happy and plan on grabbing a second one from her soon.
I was unable to find any goldens on their website that have ANY clearance listed with OFA and there is NO mention of elbows anywhere which is standard for the breed now. I was also unable to see any birthdates listed for anyone and am too lazy to search K9data.

·
Mommy to Hudson :)
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you to all for all the help!! Im going to check into some of the breeders that were listed, and also check about clearances and pedigrees. I will keep you posted on the outcome :)
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

Im new to this forum and also not too sure where to post these general questions yet. I live in Ontario, Canada, and my husband and I have been looking for a good breeder in the area. We would love to adopt a puppy in the next couple of months. I came across www.goldenfieldkennel.com
Can anyone give me a good recommendation for my area...or check out this site to let me know if this sounds like a good breeder.

Thank you so very much!!
I joined this site to advise another individual who was asking about Ashmar Reg'd Goldens and so a similar reply here; my little girl is 3 years old and is the warmest, sweetest most intelligent dog. Everyone who meets her comments on her beauty and obedience though though the quick learning curve was helped by her big (not related) brother. Don't hesitate to call them and they have a litter available now. CJN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts