Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that Darby's right eye is really irritated. I first noticed her eyelid was hanging low and seems light sensitive. It is also red when I lift her upper lid. No excessive drainage but it does seem to be bothering her. I will try to get her into vet tomorrow, but is there anything I can do tonight? I did rinse her eye a little with warm water.

I gave her a bath yesterday, but dont recall getting any shampoo in her eye. I wonder though if I could have gotten some "Buddy Spray" too close to her eye....it has some bergamot and some other botanicals in it.....ughhh. From now on I will spray it in a cloth or my hand and then put on her.:(

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
It could be, or it could be something washed into her eye. If still irritated I would let the Vet see and they will probably give you an eye wash. Anything with the eyes is a matter of some concern to me. Hopefully after sleeping it will be better this morning. Let us know.

Reactions: Dallas Gold

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
If it's still irritated this morning, please get her seen by a veterinarian, especially if she is pawing it or rubbing it in any way since she could injure it trying to scratch it, causing a cornea injury.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts