Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a bit today until it told me to register! I need help! I've never had a Golden Retriever before and I'm dying to adopt a puppy soon. I have no idea where to even begin and I would appreciate any help. Does anyone know of any good breeders in the Pacific Northwest area. I live in Seattle and am willing to travel to Oregon if need be. This will also be my first puppy, and I am so excited! Now a little about me: My name is Jessica, I'm 26 years old, and I'm very active. I love to go bike riding and running, and hope to get a running partner out of my Golden one day! Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any help you all have to offer!

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Welcome to the GRF Jessica. While I would never recommend a specific breeder, typically it is a good idea to contact your local golden retriever club. Many of them have a puppy referal service. Good luck finding a running partner.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are many members here from your area and I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. For now, if you click on miscellaneous at the very top, there is a puppy buyers link which should give you some good reading. Good luck in your search ..... we'll be anxiously waiting for some pictures.

·
Banned
755 Posts
I've been lurking for a bit today until it told me to register! I need help! I've never had a Golden Retriever before and I'm dying to adopt a puppy soon. I have no idea where to even begin and I would appreciate any help. Does anyone know of any good breeders in the Pacific Northwest area. I live in Seattle and am willing to travel to Oregon if need be. This will also be my first puppy, and I am so excited! Now a little about me: My name is Jessica, I'm 26 years old, and I'm very active. I love to go bike riding and running, and hope to get a running partner out of my Golden one day! Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any help you all have to offer!
You'll never regret choosing a Golden. They RULE! Hope you find just the right one. Welcome from another newbie.

dg

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Go to Craigslist!! - - there's a "rescued golden" 1-2 y/o female in Spanaway (Tacoma area) that sounds so wonderful. I think she had been dumped/left at the vet.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Evergreen Golden Retriever, I think, is the Seattle group. Are you set on a pup or would you go older?

·
Registered
146 Posts
hello there...Welcome aboard...Hope you can fit in here nicely :):):) Hope you can find your puppy soon.Sorry I couldn't help much as in the location area, as I am from Malaysia but I bet the others here can help you.Don't be in a hurry to get one,research on the breeder,have alook on the parents of the pups first and ask questions to the breeder if you have doubts...I'm sure they'll more than willing to help you as what I did for my golden boy,Benny...:p:

·
Hi I'm Lori <-----
665 Posts
Welcome Jessica, you have found a great place for information on GR's...group of great people! I'm betting someone in your area will point you in the right direction. Good luck in your puppy search...you can't go wrong with a golden!! :)

·
3 goldens
11,662 Posts
Hello and welcome. I am a LONG way from you--on the Texas coast. All I can do is wish you luck in getting that goldehn puppy. They are marvelous dogs.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Hi Jessica and welcome! I'm on the other coast so I can't help you with your search but we have lots of members here that live in your area. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Good luck in your search for a new puppy. Like everyone said check the misc at the top of the page. It has GREAT info on selecting a breeder but dont discount a rescue dog because you could have your new running partner in a short time instead of waiting for almost 2 yrs. Rescues can match a dog to you for your lifestyle and they are already POTTY trained. LOL
Good luck again and welcome.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts