Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Golden's Pet
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!

I'm Jen and I have a 3 year old Golden named Murphy. Murphy is my first golden and I think I'm hooked!

Murphy is a goof, loves to clown around and is crazy about swimming, squeaky stuffed toys, food and lying on the couch for snuggles. I have arthritis and Murphy always knows when I'm feeling crappy and comes to lie near me/on me:) He also knows when I'm just lazy and will go stand at the door waiting for his walk. I figured out how to post pics and put a couple of cute ones in my reply a couple of posts down!

I look forward to chatting with all of you about all things golden!

Jen

·
The Golden's Pet
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, we got Murphy as a puppy. He was the sweetest fuzzball and huge at 16lbs at just 8 weeks!

We did have some tough times with him as a puppy, after having him for just 3 days he developed intestinal problems and ended up having 2 surgeries for an intusseption (telescoped bowel). We were very lucky because we caught this early and Murphy had a great outcome. Our vet is also Murphy's breeder helped us through the whole thing and since she also performed the surgeries Murphy never developed a fear of the vet...he LOVES the vet!! They all spoil him. He is now a healthy happy 76lb guy who keeps us laughing all the time!

I think I may have figured out how to post pics so here goes

Murphy in his pool

Murphy's second birthday waiting for cake!

Cheers,
Jen

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi Jen and Murphy :wavey: welcome! :) Those pics are great, I love the smile he has in the first one, can't wait to see more! :D

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
OMG... He's beautiful! Welcome to both of you. I see your guy has the standard Golden Retriever pool! Does anyone NOT have one of those? I'm sure they sell more of those for dogs, than for kids.

·
Reyna 1997 to 2004
2,720 Posts
Jen, those pictures say it all. Murphy is obviously the type of golden who makes everyone want one! You've done a great job raising him. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
51 Posts
:wavey: welcome! I haven't been here long @ all but really have enjoyed it!
Great advice & stories here for me being that Max is my 1st golden - but not my last!;)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! :wave:

Murphy reminds me a lot of my Cosmo......
Hello and welcome to the forum! You have found a fun, entertaining place that I'm sure you will enjoy!

Teddy and I were just sharing the very same comment: Cosmo and Murphy
are perfect matches!:p:

·
idabwmn
1,055 Posts
Hello and welcome, looks like Murphy is a typical happy golden who likes to have his picture taken while he is flashing that great golden smile!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Handsome Boy! Look forward to seeing/hearing more of him!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
What a lovebug your Murphy is! A golden and their pool....

What a good boy to wait for the candles to be blown out before diving in to his b'day cake.

Welcome to you both!

·
Bailey's Mom
692 Posts
What a handsome golden! His pool looks familiar... I think they're required items for golden families. :)

Welcome to the forum - you'll love it here!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts