Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!!
I'm new, I'm from Ontario Canada and I have been a huge fan of Goldens since I met my neighbor's dog when I was 11. I've never had one before but am getting my first in 6 long weeks from now. So excited!!

I have 3 kids, 1 dog and 3 cats.
I really really hope to gain new information on having them as well as share my own stories and pictures as my new family member grows.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Canadian!!

Congratulations on your new Golden baby....from where is he/she coming?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Hi and welcome!! So do you have any pictures of your pup? Are you geting a boy or a girl? and do you have a name picked out? Whats your other dog?

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,647 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing all about your new golden baby. Feel free to share pictures of your other pets too.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Welcome to the boards from a fellow Canuck. IG congrats o your puppy that is coming. Please post some pics when the pup comes home. LOVE puppy pics.

·
Charlotte
6,591 Posts
Welcome. You'll get tons of great information here (and lots of cute little stories and pics as well).

·
Pup-rearing Newbie
99 Posts
Welcome! I'm new, too but everyone here has been AMAZING! You couldn't have come to a better place! Congrats on the new edition! I can't wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Canadian!!

Congratulations on your new Golden baby....from where is he/she coming?
She is coming from a small breeder in Durham. She only ever has breeding 1 female but has been breeding for 10 years. This is this girl's first litter, and has the litter's grandmother on site... she's keeping a girl from this litter.

I'm getting a girl.. they're only 10 days old right now so no individual pictures yet.

I plan on doing a lot of obedience with her... and yeah, I have a name picked out :)

Callisto aka Callie

My beautiful boy dog is a 3 year old purebred shih tzu named Chino, he has gone through basic to advance obedience and did amazingly well for the class, moreso for a shih tzu. Our trainer said that shih tzu are a harder to train breed because they're stubborn, and although somewhat true, he did very well and was in the top 3 of his class. My trainer said that if I can train a shih tzu this well, that training a golden should be no problem.

My cats are purebred ragdolls. I breed and show them. My one mama cat had to be spayed.. it broke my heart because it was her first litter... it was a very hard birth for her that ended in a c-section and the loss of nearly half the litter (they couldnt be revived from the anesthetic)... I'm keeping one of her daughters, who I've affectionately named Bijou. My other adult girl kitty is named Berries, and the male is Lancelot aka Butt-head (he can be but is really sweet).

I may show Callie in conformation, I may not. I'm not sure. I am paying for full rights on her, even though I may never actually breed or conformation show her.

Anywho, I'll post pics once I get some individual pictures of her :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts