Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! We got out little guy Prince on Christmas and he is an absolute joy!! He went for his set of shots yesterday, and he's 22.4 lbs. He had had huge paws since we got him and vet said he's going to be big! I read online that at 12 weeks, they should be around 15lbs. We feed him 2 cups in morning..2 cups in evening and he eats every last bite. He is not fat at all and very long as well: anyone have any information for us about your pup at 12 weeks? Is it ok for him to be almost 23 lbs already? Thanks!!

·
AKA: Joyce
7,442 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. I stopped worrying about Bentley's weight thanks to people on this forum. He will end up the size he's meant to be.

Have fun, it's only just begun :D

WE NEED PICTURES!!! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!! I will definitely post pictures once I figure out how too!! Lol I am brand new to this and not the best with computers/ smart phones!! I look forward to talking with all of you and sharing our life with Prince with everyone!!

·
AKA: Joyce
7,442 Posts
To post a pic click on "go advanced" scroll down to "manage attachments" and click, a window will open, click on "choose file" then find the pic you want and click on it, next click "upload" close that window then click "submit reply"...done :D

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Welcome to you and Prince.

I guess that the 15 lbs weight at 12 weeks you read comes from Rhonda Hovan slow growth plan (Retrievers). If you want to read an earlier discussion about it you might want to look here : http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/golden-retriever-puppy-up-1-year/94471-slow-growth-plan.html.

While Mrs. Hovan recommends twice a day feeding after 8 weeks, I prefer to do 3 meals a day (same total amount of food per day, just divided into 3 portions). I moved my dogs to twice a day meals but reverted to 3 times (they are adults) because one of them tended to have empty stomach puking without the extra meal.

Pictures, yes, pictures are very much loved around here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes..you are correct. It was the slow growth plan I was looking at. Thanks for the link above..it really helped!! I'm doing this from my phone and it won't let me upload pics to this. Once I click go advanced..and try to do manage attachments..it won't let me open that page. I'll have to try it from my computer later. I added 2 pics to my profile though. I'll definitely have to get some more!! Hope everyone has a great day!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts