Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This site is great.I'm Shane and my wife and I love Goldens.We have had a few over the years.Right now we have Amber,who is about 7 or 8,who we got from the local pound.Sam,a flatcoat retriever,about 5 years old,He came by way of the Capital region Flatcoat club.Jessie,a border collie,about 4 years old,got him from the pound as they were about to gas him.They said he came in on 9/11(yes THAT day)He just appeared in a run,none of the animal control officers brought himin,there were no records and nothing showed on the security cameras.We had stopped on a whim and couldn't let him die,so now he brightens our lifes.
We lost our Golden son,Charlie a year ago 4/23 to congestive heart failure.He was six and a half.He came to us from Golden Retriever Rescue of Charlotte.He was a real gentle soul and we miss him greatly.
Looking forward to talking with kindred souls.
Shane

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to the forum, it's nice to see that we're getting more people, more varied experiences and opinions.
Shane, I'm dead jealous that you get to have so many dogs. We want to hear more stories :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Shane, welcome! Thank you for your introduction, you must have a very fun house! :D
I used to live in Georgia (Dalton, GA) for a couple of years, so it's especially nice to see someone here from "one of my homes".

My condolences on the loss of Charlie. It's incredibly hard to lose a kindred spirit.

Hello to your wife and all your animal friends... ;)

Vierka

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.