Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly Hi! I've never posted on a forum or one a comment on here but wanted to express my thanks and gratitude for ALL the comments, threads and advice people have given others on here. I have a 'little' 16wk Golden Retriever named Monty (named after my dad's golden which he had at my age). The advice and comments has been invaluable for the last 8 weeks - from reassuring my thoughts, simple tips through to reliving stress and worry on if I'm doing it correctly (Monty is my first dog). I am truly thankful to you all.

So I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas & Prosperous New Year from Ally & Monty (& three disgruntled OAP cats) x ?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Welcome to the forum! This site is quite amazing.

Looking forward to seeing your updates on Monte :D

MERRY Christmas!!

·
Glynis
2,534 Posts
Welcome and Merry Christmas to you. I am interested that you have three OAP cats and now have your puppy. We are in a similar situation (in fact one of our two OAP cats is also called Allie). We have had our golden boy since May. He is now four. I just have to tell you that our cats have made huge progress in the last couple of weeks. One cat and dog are now sitting on the sofa together and the nervous female cat will even enter the room and now stands her ground. I never thought a "friendship" would be formed but now see it as a possibility!
Good luck with your OAPs and new puppy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome :) My OAP cats have three different approaches to Monty. Phantom, a Maine ****, acts as if he's just another cat from day one and ignores him and moochs about as if he's not there. When Monty try's to play with him Phantom just looks disgusted and walks off!
Gizmo only comes out when there is a warm spot on Monty's bed or Monty is too tired to chase him. Gizmo defends the stairs if Monty wants to explore up there without my permission... Means Monty also learnt the hard way cats have paws and claws too!
Ginny my little fluff ball hates the dog and doesn't venture downstairs unless he is in his crate or 'the kitchen with baby gate in doorway! Will just take time in my house I think for everyone to get on :) Gizmo is definitely progressed over last week.

I'd love to share photos but couldn't work out how on mobile site / iPhone unfortunately x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts