Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I am new to the forum, signed up this past summer, and have been reading and learning. My husband and I are new potential puppy parents. We have fallen in love with our best friend's cream golden retriever, Coleman, and are on our own adventure in finding our cream golden as well. We currently have 2 cats, one kitten, and one adult cat, and just lost our beloved orange tabby Maine ****, Rocco. Rocco was our infamous cat-dog and made quick friends with Coleman.

We are currently looking for a reputable breeder in the NC/SC area and we are also willing to travel. I have an application with Tanglewood Goldens but haven't had much communication from them since inquiring 2.5 months ago. I have sent some general questions over prior to submitting the application and received responses. Then after submitting the application, I haven't heard much of anything from them. I actually reached out just a few weeks ago (2 months since submitting our application) to ensure it made it to them, as they only take mailed-in applications. I at least got confirmation that our application was received but when I followed up to ask next steps in the process and where we are on the list, I got crickets.

Should I be concerned with the lack of response or is this communication cadence normal? We definitely do not want to come across as pushy or overbearing potential new puppy parents, we are excited about the process, adding to our family, and are eager to learn if we are in the running for the next litter or a future litter.

Is it inappropriate to follow up again on where we are on the waitlist or when they are planning on attempting a litter?
How many breeders do folks typically submit applications to?

Many thanks for all your input and guidance :)

·
Kristy
10,348 Posts
Welcome - there is a much larger demand for Golden puppies than there is supply - especially for breeders who are very careful to follow the GRCA Code of Ethics for breeders and it means breeders can be inundated with requests that they can never reply to. I urge you to take your search to the entire eastern half of the U.S. and remove the 'cream' color from your search. Check out the GRCA.org website and use the search feature here to bring up previous threads on these subjects.

·
Super Moderator Leader
53,471 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!

I moved your thread into the Choosing a GR Breeder and puppy section so you would have more views and replies.

Here is a thread that may interest you-

Ethical "English Creme" breeders | Golden Retriever Dog Forums (goldenretrieverforum.com)

Here is a list of the GR Clubs, the Clubs have Breeder Referrals, the Clubs for NC and SC are listed, click on the links provided to go their website.

Local Golden Retriever Clubs - Golden Retriever Club of America (grca.org)
Thank you! Very helpful links and I missed the "ethical" thread, super appreciate that link! And thank you for moving my post to the appropriate thread, I was torn on where to post for my first post.

·
Super Moderator Leader
53,471 Posts
Thank you! Very helpful links and I missed the "ethical" thread, super appreciate that link! And thank you for moving my post to the appropriate thread, I was torn on where to post for my first post.
No problem, sometimes when a new member posts in the New Member Intro threads asking about a Breeder or they have a question on another topic, the posts are missed by members. The Mod Team tries to get the posts in the appropriate Forum or Sub forum so they will receive more views and replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts