Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! :)

I will be a first Golden owner starting Valentines day! I'm very excited! She is a mix of English and American bloodlines. She is an English cream. I haven't yet picked out a name for her. Any name suggestions? :)

anyways, she's definitely not my first dog and probably not my last! My other dog is a rescue I adopted from the shelter about 4 mos ago. He's approx. 8 mos old. He is a min pin mix named Nano. I think these two will get along great as Nano has a lot of energy!!

I wanted to become a Golden owner for years now because of their gentle nature, and because now, I have a 3 yr old and a baby whose about to turn one!

Well, I can't wait to meet everyone!! :)

Lisa

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I also like Trixie. The little golden that was coming to us who sadly died was Kimba, which is my favourite girl dog name ever. It is the white lion. But now we have Stormy instead. Have fun picking names!

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I know you're looking for names, but the fact that you're referring to your soon to be new addition as an "English Creme" has me worried that you've stumbled upon a less than reputable breeder, breeding for color as opposed to the breed standard. In most cases when you look at the pedigree, these dogs aren't coming from great kennels in England instead they're from high volume breeders in the states who acquired dogs from less than stellar kennels in Eastern Europe. Breeders should be doing the bare minimum clearances (offa or PennHip hips, ofa elbows, cardiologist cleared heart and annual eye exams from an ophthalmologist) as recommended by the GRCA. These clearances should go back for generations. If your breeder hasn't discussed these with you then please ask. You can confirm their existence by plugging the sire & dam's registered name or registration number at offa.org. In the past couple of weeks on this forum alone, we've had new posters come on here looking for help with their blind golden puppy or mourning the loss of their juvenile golden who died from a heart attack. In each case, the goldens came from less than reputable breeders. Please don't put your puppy in that situation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ellery, Bronte, Paisley, Presley, Charlotte, Stella, Eleanor-just a few names! can you tell I like names:) My daughters are named Delaney, Merrick, and Calihan and my goldens are Harper Bliss and Scarlet Belle!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator Leader
44,865 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your new little girl.
Hope you'll share pictures with us.

Best of luck deciding on a name.

Glad you've joined us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts