Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My name is Heather. I'm from Boise, Idaho. I just joined this forum today but I also belong to a forum on http://www.terrificpets.com I am a major Golden Retriever lover and I that is why I decided to join this forum. I have owned Golden Retrievers on and off for 13 years and I currently own a 2-year-old, female, Golden Retriever named Kelsey. I also own two cats that I rescued from the Idaho Humane Society in 2002. I'm going to get another Golden Retriever in the Spring of 2006. The reason I decided to wait a year is so it is a good time for me, Kelsey, and the new puppy. This time I'm getting a male, show quality with Champion show bloodlines. I already know which breeder and which parents. I'm going to show him in conformation/agility. Thanks for reading this!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Heather, and welcome to this forum. That's really interesting that you already have it planned out - I mean the parents and everything selected. Personally, I was never attracted to showing off Goldens, but I sure love to watch the competition shows, so GOOD LUCK!!! :D
I'm very much looking forward to reading your posts and learning something new about this topic! How do you think Kelsey will react to the arrival of the new puppy and you devoting your attention to the new pup?
Thanks ~ Cherry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks!

I'm sure I will be talking about showing, the new puppy, and Kelsey a lot. I know Kelsey will be fine with another puppy, she loves other dogs and loves to wrestle with them, she could play all day. I actually had another dog...he was a Parson (Jack) Russell Terrier named Jackson but unfortunately I had to sell him because he kept attacking Kelsey. He was a very sweet dog to people and cats and even small dogs but for some reason he hated Kelsey. Jackson was also very smart. I'm sad about that but I'm really excited about my new puppy. Plus, (don't tell the other dogs this) but, Golden Retrievers are my favorite breed!:) I love all dogs though! With the new puppy, I know who the parents are because the breeder is going to be breeding two Golden Retriever litters in 2006. She told who was breeding, when the pups would be ready, and the prices. The funny thing is, is that the four dogs (two males, two females) that are breeding next year are the four dogs that I liked the best out of all the Goldens she owns. I chose Toby and Misty because the looks, personality, time frame (when their pups are ready to go), and their pedigrees. The other choice was Cohoes and Sierra. Here is her website http://www.candyheartretrievers.com I like her a lot! She seems very responsible and nice. I have been searching for another Golden for a while now. All of her dogs have their hips/heart/eyes certified to be healthy, which is really important. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Hi lovekelsey,

just wanted to say "Hi and Welcome", before I finally go to bed (almost 11pm and I didn't get a good sleep in days) :D.
I'll speak to you later.

Joe

PS. post some pictures into our gallery :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

Yes, this will be my first time showing. I have always wanted to show my dogs but never did. I have also always watch dog shows on T.V. I'm excited about it all!:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Heather,

Good luck with the conformation and agility training, that should be fun - I hope you have lots of spare time. I plan to do the obedience training and competition if we do well. I just got my pup on March 12th, Wilson is 3.5 mos old. I posted pictures in the puppy section today if you are interested in seeing him. I did my research on his parents, made sure all health clearances were there, etc. He is our first dog, and we are all learning new tricks together!

Welcome, Nancy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts