Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there,
I am not currently a Golden Retriever owner. Our family golden Lucy passed away in her sleep 2 years ago. I am on my own and have missed Lucy very much. After months of serious consideration, I have decided to search for Golden puppy.

Perhaps someone will read this that might have some advice for me or who can help me find a puppy? Anyway, I know that quality dog breeders have pretty extensive criteria for who they'll choose to own one of their dogs. I'd like to do some agility training with the dog, but mainly am looking for a companion. I don't have a yard, however, there is a school with fields for play right across the street. Also, the dog would have it's own room and every possible dog amenity necessary and available. I've arranged my work around this decision so that I will have at least one full hour midday to walk and tend to the dog's needs and will be around the dog all the time before 10am and after 5pm. I also have responsible parents and sister's family living nearby, to help out in case I ever have to leave town for a few days, so that the dog will not have to stay at a kennel. I am flexible with the cost of a puppy, with the dog's health and coat being the priority.

I live in North Phoenix, Arizona. Nice to meet you all and to find the site - hope my not being a current Golden owner is okay.

If you can help me find this puppy I seek, I'd really be grateful.

Here is Lucy, she was a wonderful dog and my best friend.

·
Super Moderator Leader
53,481 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Lucy, she was a beautiful girl.

There are several members who will be able to help you find a Golden Retreiver Breeder.

In the mean time, here is a link to the Golden Retriever Club of America, they have a Puppy Referral-you can do a search by State or Region. Lots of very good information at this site.

Golden Retriever Club of America GRCA: The Official AKC National Breed Club

Puppy referral-
Golden Retriever Puppies: GRCA Puppy Referral: Golden Retriever Club of America (GRCA) Find your Golden Retriever Pupppy Here

If you go to the section here on the forum called Choosing a Golden Retriever puppy and Breeder, you will find lots of information in this section.

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/choosing-golden-retriever-breeder-puppy/

Glad you've joined us, hope you enjoy the forum.

Best of luck in your search for a Breeder and puppy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Lucy, she was a beautiful girl.

There are several members who will be able to help you find a Golden Retreiver Breeder.

In the mean time, here is a link to the Golden Retriever Club of America, they have a Puppy Referral-you can do a search by State or Region. Lots of very good information at this site.

Golden Retriever Club of America GRCA: The Official AKC National Breed Club

Puppy referral-
Golden Retriever Puppies: GRCA Puppy Referral: Golden Retriever Club of America (GRCA) Find your Golden Retriever Pupppy Here

If you go to the section here on the forum called Choosing a Golden Retriever puppy and Breeder, you will find lots of information in this section.

Choosing A Golden Retriever Breeder & Puppy - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

Glad you've joined us, hope you enjoy the forum.

Best of luck in your search for a Breeder and puppy.
Thanks for the info. I think I will get two, brother and sister maybe, so they can have each other for company during the day. Still looking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.