Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I found this site while looking for a way to stop Nala, my 4 month old GR, from scratching the door. I love it! All the pictures I've seen are beautiful! I will post some as soon as I can.
Now a little bit about me, if you are interested. I live in Texas, newlywed of only 8 months. :love: About a month after we got married and moved into our home, we came home one night to find the cutest little puppy asleep on our front door. We went around asking if it belonged to someone, no one claimed him and we couldn't say no. So we adopted Rex. At first we could not figure out what breed he was, but we *think* that he is a GR mix as he looks just like one. Except for the white markings on his feet and chest, and his smoky face, and the fact that at approximately 8 months old, he is as big as Nala, the 4 month old girl. Yeap, he's shorty and I don't think he will grow any more.
A couple of months ago I was trying to learn more about my *GR* and found Nala. We fell in love and after some debating, decided to adopt her and add a new member to the family. She fit in just fine and she is so mischievous! It took us over a week to decide on a name. Finally we got Nala, from the Lion King, how ironic is that?! But her light coloring does kind of make her look like a little cub! She's got really long legs and is already as big as our other dog. She will be a big girl! It is so fun to watch them wrestle and play around. And they are so jealous of each other, I have to give them the same toys, treats, head rubs, etc.
Okay, enough about me. All I can say is that my husband and me are in love with our kids and they are spoiled rotten! Never thought I'd be the proud parent of such beautiful, loving, loyal animals.
Oh, and if you have a trick to stop Nala from scratching my back door I will be very grateful! Thanks for your time and I will talk to you later!:wave:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hello Marijello!

I just found this forum yesterday! From one newbie to another... Welcome!

As for Nala a solution to your door digger, one thing comes to mind.
The timing has to be PERFECT and you have to NOT let her know you're
the culprit, but I would suggest putting pennies in an empty Coke/Pepsi
can, taping the top closed... and when Nala goes to scratch... shake the
can! If this can be done with you rolling the can toward her... and her
not seeing you do it, that would work good too.

Most puppers do NOT like the noise this makes and if the timing can be
EXACTLY when she scratches the door, she will think when she scratches
then SHE is making that noise! Give it a try and let us know!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.