Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
<-- Dixie
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like to introduce myself. I'm Blake and that is my 6 year old Golden "Dixie" in my sig. below. Been a long time lurker and have gotten some great info from this forum and thought I might be able to add some of my own.

I recently moved here to Laramie, WY and we have really loved it! So much to do outdoors and we plan on doing some cross country skiing together. Any other Golden owners near me?

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Welcome to the board. What took you so long? Looks like you and Dixie will find plenty to do in Wyoming.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just like to introduce myself. I'm Blake and that is my 6 year old Golden "Dixie" in my sig. below. Been a long time lurker and have gotten some great info from this forum and thought I might be able to add some of my own.

I recently moved here to Laramie, WY and we have really loved it! So much to do outdoors and we plan on doing some cross country skiing together. Any other Golden owners near me?
Hi,
I'm in Jackson Hole. We have a 14 month old golden, Tundra, that we adopted July 1st.

Sylvia

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Great to have you and Dixie jump in and join us on the forum. I'm from about the same latitude but a different longitude here in Maine. My boys love to go XC skiing in the winter. Hope you are able to post lots of pictures.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hello and glad you came out to post. Glad you have enjoyed the forum and hope you will keep posting. It sounds like you will have a great time doing fun things with Dixie. She looks like a very happy girl.

·
<-- Dixie
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not really. Things are pretty much wide open here and I LOVE IT! Dixie and I have already been on some great hikes through the Medicine Bow mountain range. It's like her very own play ground out here :) I think their is only 4 people per square mile here but I'm at the University of Wyoming so I'm in a fairly populated area of WY.

·
3 goldens
11,761 Posts
HELLO AND WELCOME FROM A SNOWLESS AREA.....THE COAST OF TEXAS. HOWEVER 3 YEARS AGO WE HAD 4" OF SNOW FALL ON CHRISTMAS. AS FAR AS I KNOW IT WAS THE FIRST WHITE CHRISTMAS E VER DOWN HERE--BEEN OVER 30 YEARS SICE THE AREA HAD SNOW AT ALL, 1". HUBBY IS A LONG HAUL TRUCK DRIVER AND HE HAD GOTTEN IN FROM TORONTO, CANDA THAT AFTERNOON A FEW HOURS BEFOR IT STARTED SNOWING AND ALL NEIGHBORS SWORE HE BROUGHT IT BACK FROM CANADA WITH HIM----BUT IT ACTUALLY CAME UP YHE COAST FROM THE SOUTH AND FOLLOWED THE ENTIRE TEXAS COASTLINE, GOING NO MORE THAN 50 MILES INLAND. BUT NEIGHBORS STILL SAY HE BROUGT IT AND EVERY YEAR BEG HIM TO TRY TO GET A RUN TO CANADA RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

BYTHE WAY, SNOW WAS NOT NEW TO USE, WE LIVED IN AKRON OHIO FROM JULY '65 TIL MARCH '72 AND SAw TO MUCH.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't say I'm close, but I live in NW Nebraska so not terribly far. I usually drive through Laramie a couple times a year as my wife has some relatives in NW Colorado. My in-laws went to the Utah-Wyoming game this last weekend, well most of it :) They had to leave before they started yelling profanities at Joe Glenn like everybody else.

I bet there is some great trails to walk through Fox Park. Did they convert the railway into trails there? It was very sickening to see how much beetle kill was happening in Fox Park, they're going to loose about 80% of the trees is my guess.

There was another new member on here from Laramie. Wyogirl is looking for a golden in that area.

·
<-- Dixie
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I unfortunately was at the UW-Utah game. Dixie grew up around the time I was still playing football. She is very good at shagging the footballs, as I used to be a placekicker for a semi-pro team when I was still in Nashville.

I have done the rail trails through fox park. They have done a really nice job converting them into some great biking, horse, hiking trails. We did 25 miles of biking a couple weekends ago on them. The problem i hear with the pine beetle, is that the winters aren't cold enough anymore to kill them off and control the population of them like they used to.

oh and btw. I hear Joe Glenn will be announcing his resignation real soon! "Joe Must Go!"

·
"GO TARHEELS!!!"
772 Posts
"Hello" back-at-cha from North Carolina!!! Welcome to 'posting' at the GRF!!!

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
Welcome to you and Dixie! She is a very lovely Golden Girl. It sounds (and looks) like you and Dixie are very active in the outdoors of beautiful WY.

Keep posting, and btw, we LOVE pictures! :)

~Jackie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts