Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
First post from me. I have a 3 yr old red golden retriever named Ralphie.
Recently we moved to central Vietnam, partly for my work and partly so Ralphie can play on beautiful beaches and walk through rice paddies every day.
He's a big boy, 40kg, not fat just a big tall boy. He loves chasing the wildlife and his favorite game is getting into the fields and playing with the water buffalo.
Meat is very cheap here, so his diet consists of lots of chicken and pork with vegetables and little rice or noodles.

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
Welcome to you and Ralphie! Chasing water buffalo sounds like an exciting but perhaps a high risk hobby! Please post more pics and enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Welcome to you and Ralphie.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
I'm curious on the rice paddies- are there creatures there that dogs don't get along with? I'm envisioning field training in one- here, we have to worry about alligators.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm curious on the rice paddies- are there creatures there that dogs don't get along with? I'm envisioning field training in one- here, we have to worry about alligators.
Hi
No crocs here, and the field workers give any snakes the chop. I don't really like that but see the benefits to the workers as they're barefoot in the mud working with their hands to plant or pull up rice. The cows and Buffalo are very placid, unless they have new young in which case Ralphie isnt allowed off his extending lead.
Biggest problem is the mud. Ralph is a mud magnet, he leaps around like a pony in the mud then has a good roll around. But he knows he's a dirt box as he'll wait by the hose pipe when we get home from the walk. 😂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts