Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm glad to have found this board. We brought our Simon home yesterday. He is six weeks old today and full of play time. I was lurking around today and wanted to introduce myself and let you all know I am glad you are here; the topics I am bound to need to know more about are already here. Thank You!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome. There are several TX members here...... many of us in the Metroplex. And, yes, pictures please. LOVE those puppers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am from the Metroplex as well; Dallas. Thanks for all the warm welcome.

I thing I got a pic into my signature line properly. I will post more as soon as we can get them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Less than a week in and we have not had a single "potty inside" accident. I am astonished. Fingers crossed that this means my pup came house-broken. I have a catahoula cur here at home also and she took almost a year to completely house-break.

My catahoula, Aida, is having a fun time with Simon. She has never had any interest in toys, fetching, tug-of-war, chasing anything. But with the addition of Simon, she is chasing the ball and the rope toy, it's like she is a new pup herself.

Simon is hilarious, he seems at this point more shark than dog. He wanders around with his mouth open and anything he runs into is fair game to him; so mostly I just follow him around making sure he's not chewing anything he shouldn't be. I am in love
already.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a few new pics of Simon. He is amazing. Nine weeks old yesterday, and we have learned sit, shake, down, dance and a little stay. I'm so proud!

Here are the pics:

We have quadrupled in size too! I swear he grows while we are sleeping.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
LOL, he looks thrilled with the hat. Enjoy your baby, he'll be all grown up before you know it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Welcome! We're outside Houston...where did you get precious Simon? He's adorable as all golden pups are!!!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Love the elf pictures...so cute. We have a 18 week old puppy and love him even more now that he is losing those shark teeth!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome! We're outside Houston...where did you get precious Simon? He's adorable as all golden pups are!!!
Thank you. We think he's the best! We got Simon from a breeder in Midlothian TX. It was mom's first litter, 14 pups in all. I could not believe how many pups there were. Mom and Dad were a bright red color. We expected a darker pup but all the pups were a sandy golden color.

I decided that for my 30th b-day it was time to get a golden. I had heard really great things about several breeders in my area and contacted several "awaiting pups" but they were all called for. They I heard about the Midlothian breeder and she had seven unclaimed pups. It was so hard not to bring them all home.

I have been told that goldens should be in pairs though and after we get some time behind our belts with Simon we will probably look around for a friend.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love the elf pictures...so cute. We have a 18 week old puppy and love him even more now that he is losing those shark teeth!
Thank you Janine. I can completely understand about the shark teeth. My poor fingers... I have two blisters on my fingers where Simon caught me off guard. All-in-all he is not too bad with the biting, we have no bite down pretty well, it seems that all thought goes out the window when he gets excited though. Is your pup a girl or boy?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Wow, is he a cutie! And so little! You will be astounded at how fast he will grow. I know I can't believe the size of my Duff at 12 weeks!

Welcome!

Kris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts