Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, this is my first post here so please be gentle...

My wife, son and I have a 2-yr. old Golden Retriever named Einstein and he understands exactly one word: SIT. More on that story later.

I got him from a friend for a lark and picked him up from his place when he was 3-mos. old. He peed, and chewed the car upholstery the whole way but that's when we fell in love with him (Note to self: Get him another batch of chewable dog bones at the store this afternoon).

Here are some starter pics to chew on.

Cheers,
Roby (Einstein’s Dad)
:)

Attachments

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please make yourself at home here. Your Einstein is a handsome boy. I think all of us golden owners have lots of "Chew" stories. :p: Looking forward to lots more pictures.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

I love that picture of him having a very serious discussion with the person behind the doors. So sweet. He is a handsome boy and glad you have joined us. Like OaklysDad said, I think we all have chew stories here. LOL

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Another Welcome from Maine....
Handsome dog ...the shot of the heart to heart talk on the patio is my favorite....
The little boy mugging for the camera is pretty cute too!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
What a good looking puppers...I love the pictures! Did Einstein get his name after he learned his one word...SIT? Yes we all have chewing stories ( I could use some new kitchen chairs). We have two dogs Chester who was 2 in Aug and the one word he doesn't seem to know is COME! Then we have a new pup Murphy 15 wks old .... well he can sit and down, but he is just a baby (only time will tell). Well, welcome and we would love to hear more stories about Einstein.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome! Generally we're a pretty gentle group... and we don't bite so jump in and join the fun!

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
What a handsome boy you have there!! He looks like he fits right in with your family :) Welcome to the forum :wavey:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, such a warm welcome...thank you Farbauti, Photomel, Oakleys's Dad, Rob's GRs, BeauShel, LibertyME, rik, janine, Pennie & Maggie's Mom, and mm03gn!

The photo taken on the patio is actually one of my wife talking to him about the 'rules of the house' -haha.

He got the name Einstein way before he learned to SIT, so we're hoping he has a few more tricks up his sleave (given his namesake) :)

He consumes one 40-lb. sack of dog food each month and gets chewable bones and such to keep him busy coz lately he's gotten used to chewing on our car's front/rear bumper!

I'm thinking of adding to his vocabulary of word commands...what would you say are the essential words to know?

Also, do you give your GR's treats?

Roby (Einstein's Dad)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Welcome!
Beautiful pictures and beautiful pup!
Please share your adventures with us.
Karen

·
Registered
1 Posts
newbie in the group

hi everyone,

i am also new here in the group = )

i also just acquired a golden retriever... her name is "Ginger"

( see attached file )

she is with my sister orange in the picture = )

right now, she is in dog school.. by February 2010... she'll graduate already her off leasgh advnace training = )

btw, i saw that there is a Philippine Golden Retrievers Club... how do you get to be member on it? = )

for advise to those who know = )

jr

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    779.2 KB Views: 51
1 - 14 of 14 Posts