Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm also coming over from the TGRS forum. I had been wondering where everyone went!!! Glad to see everyone is well.

Currently, I have one golden retriever named Seamus. He is a rescue. Ironically, it was 3 years ago yesterday that NYC Animal Control picked him up as a stray roaming the streets of the Bronx. He was an absolutely terrified, skinny little guy, probably no more than a year old at the time. Fortunately, some wonderful Golden Retriever Rescue folks scooped him up out of the shelter and that's how he ended up with me. He has come a long, long way. He is no longer scared of men with facial hair. He earned his Canine Good Citizen this past summer. He does have one problem, though...I'm fairly certain he is seriously addicted to tennis balls. Actually, he is quite a character.

Seamus' turn-ons: Tennis balls, swimming, mud, snow, other dogs
Seamus' turn-offs: People who refuse to scratch his butt

Prior to Seamus, I had two other goldens. I got Murphy when she was 8-weeks old from a reputable breeder. Then, about 2 years later, I adopted Casey from a Golden Retriever Rescue. They were both such sweet girls. It's still amazing to me how each dog has had such a unique personality.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
:welcome: to you and Seamus.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Judi,
I'm not too far from Tarrytown...but, on the other side of the Hudson.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Hi and welcome. I think you will find this a wonderful place to come and chat about Seamus. I have a tennis ball fanatic, too and his name is Biscuit.

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
sorry, you broke a rule here - we tend to be picture crazy

:worthless:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Glad to see you made it. You are going to have a blast here. People are nice, actually kinda crazy in a wonderful fun way.:woot2::rockon:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry, you broke a rule here - we tend to be picture crazy

:worthless:
OK, I'll give it my best shot... But, I think I need somebody to teach me how to make the pictures smaller when I post.

Here are some of "Seamus' Greatest Hits":

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Hey, welcome aboard!! Great pictures of Seamus!! I've missed seeing that handsome boy of yours!!

Julie and Jersey

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hello and welcome,
Your Seamus's turnons and turnoffs sound just like all of our dogs. They could be scratched furever. Glad you found your way here from the other place.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts