Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Found my Golden boy!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were a family of 5 looking to add a furry friend to our home. We have 2 female cats which are part Siamese that we rescued 3 years ago from SBU Cat Network. We are looking for a purebred female Golden Retriever from puppy to adult. I just submitted an application for a female 1 1/2 year old but I think the shelter may be on holiday hours or something. We are very anxious to hear back from them. Keep your fingers crossed for us :wavey: Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
My fingers are crossed for you!! Good luck in your search and please post pics of you new family member when she gets home. :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Hope you can bring a new golden into your family real soon!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Welcome to the board.
I just adopted a one year old Golden boy last month and I know how you feel about waiting to hear back from the shelter. Hopefully they will get back to you soon. Better yet, I'm sure they are open today - give them a call.
Please let us know how it goes and post a pic of her when she comes home when you can.

·
Found my Golden boy!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well :(

I called yet again. This time they answered and told me she was on hold for someone. So down :(

Why would a dog be on hold?

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. There is a slight chance that the people she is on hold for decide not to take her. Have you tried going in to meet the people at the shelter? If they get to know you they may find a dog that would be a good match for you and your family.
Hang in there. What is meant to be will be.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Ask them to put your name down in case the hold doesn't come through. Our local humane society allows a 48-hour hold on dogs that people want to adopt, but you can put in a backup application for that particular animal.

·
Found my Golden boy!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ask them to put your name down in case the hold doesn't come through. Our local humane society allows a 48-hour hold on dogs that people want to adopt, but you can put in a backup application for that particular animal.
Thanks. I did that :crossfing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts