Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Javi's Mom
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody :) My name is Isabel and I'm ecstatic to finally have joined the Golden owners :)

ever since i was very little it was my biggest dream to own one but my parents gave me a cocker spaniel for my first pet when i was 7 ( they thought it was "close enough" lol ) and we ended up having cocker spaniels all time i was growing up. Now I'm grown up (36 this december ) and last october i lost my faithfull friend Lucky at 14 years old and it totally crushed my heart :( He went through a tough battle with heart and kidney problems on his last year and it was heartbreaking :( Hope he is finally resting healthy and peacefully at Rainbow Bridge :(

After I lost Lucky I wondered if it would be a few years gone before I got another dog but the empty house and heart didnt let me wait to much :)
After a bit of soul searching on wether do go to a rescue center or not, it finally dawned on me . Hey! I'm an adult now! lol How about finally going for my ultimate dream?! :) So, on my birthday, I went and picked up Javi ( after the spanish name "Javier", so its read "RAHVEE", my fave football/soccer player from my team ), a 3 month old bundle of joy :)

He is a dream :) all my life i learned to deal with the "difficult" temperament most cocker spaniels have but Javi is a whole other business :) He is the smartest, sweetest and lovable dog i ever had :) Really happy I got him.

And really happy I found this forum :) all of your experience will help me immensly :) Later i will have a wade through the older threads for precious info and i know i'll have a few questions for you guys :)

well, all for now, time to take Javi on his last walk before I'm off to work so, here are a couple of photos of him :)

Hope to meet you and your furry kids ,

Isabel aka Izzy

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Welcome from Georgia USA Isabel and Javi :wave: You have joined the best group of Golden loving people you could ever find!

Javi is a cute little guy:) If you have not noticed our puppy section has some great information on training and all of the issues that relate to raising a pup.
See you around!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Welcome, Javi is beautiful! How lovely to finally have your dream dog. I know Estoril and love it there, my ex husband used to work near there and I used to bring the children in the school holidays sometimes to visit, we had some wonderful times there and in Cascais! I used to walk along the seafront with them from one to the other and stop and eat freshly cooked sardines, watch the fishermen with the octopus and let the children paddle in the sea in the sunshine. Happy days :) it is a beautiful and very child friendly and happy place. Enjoy your beautiful boy, puppyhood is so lovely and flies by so fast! I am owned by Chester, he will be 19 months old tomorrow and like you, my dream boy. Looking forward to seeing Javi grow up and more photos of him and lovely Estoril!

·
Javi's Mom
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there and thank you for the warm welcome :) just arrived at work and it seems like a slow day so I'll definately be checking the forums for some tips :)

West Sussex? my sister lives in Brighton with her husband and my nephiew :) they are over here on xmas break at the moment. Love it :)

I live in São João do Estoril exactly and since i was born my favourite time is walking along the seafront all the way to Cascais :) its been a sunny winter so far and i cant wait to take Javi on a walk along there :) I love living in this area and cant imagine moving away from here. Ever since i can remember whenever i need a break or cheering up I just go to the seafront and its like the air refreshes my soul :)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Welcome to the board. Your boy is so cute. Love the second pic.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Welcome Izzy and Javi( I love his name!!) I am so happy that you finally have your dream dog and he is everything you hoped he would be and then some. I look forward to seeing more pictures of him and maybe some of where you live. It sounds beautiful.

·
Phoebe's Dad
99 Posts
Welcome! I am so envious that you live in Portugal! I would like to visit there and see my herratige. My dad was from Fial Acores :)

Your little one is so cute!

·
Javi's Mom
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everyone :) glad to be here :) I have a bunch more photos of him and i need to get them here :) I'm ashamed to say that more than 60% are taken with my phone lol I work as a sports photographer and i get so fed up with carrying around the heavy camera all day at work so when i get home i just stash it in a corner lol

I need to get some pics of Estoril and other places around here to show you all :)

Right now I'm still at work taking the few moments in between photoshoots to catch up on the tips on the puppy forum :)

when i get back home at night I'll post a few more, and the ones i did for my Xmas card :)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
West Sussex? my sister lives in Brighton with her husband and my nephiew :) they are over here on xmas break at the moment. Love it :)

Ever since i can remember whenever i need a break or cheering up I just go to the seafront and its like the air refreshes my soul :)
Brighton is just half an hour from where we live and the next place on our list of places we would love to live, its somewhere we visit often as we love it there so much, so much diversity and fun, great shops, eating and entertainment and then theres the beach and marina too.

You sound like me, I am exactly the same re the the seafront and refreshing my soul, I used to cycle there as a child even in bad weather and now when I am feeling low I instantly feel better if I am by the water.

I look forward to seeing you post photos of Estoril :smooch:

·
Javi's Mom
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi veryone. Last night when i got home Javi had a bad case of the puppy crazies and by the time it was over i was too tired to get out the photos.

But, as promised, here are some of my hometown :) Hope you enjoy

·
and Luvtazz too
509 Posts
Those pictures are stunning. No wonder you are refreshed after a walk. Welcome to the forum. Those puppy crazzys do not last forever. Have fun with your baby, he is beautiful.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Oh such great memories! I have walked on the promenade and bathed in that sea, played on the sand with my children and my daughter had her first paddle in that sea which she called ' the big bath'! Its every bit as lovely as I remember! I am so jealous! And the photos of Javi are just wonderful,..I especially love the ones in the hats and santa outfits! I love his eyes too, too cute!

·
Javi's Mom
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love it here and dont ever wanna move :) this year the winter has been very mild and hardly any rain so i just wish i could get the time to go walk by the sea everyday :) I live here since i was born and cant really imagine being anywhere else :)

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Isabel, your hometown is lovely, as is your puppy! Those photos of the seaside warmed me, since I am looking out the window at snow:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts