Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name is Tammy and I live in southern Indiana. I am disabled so I am not currently working. I am a full time college student with a wonderful husband and two special needs children ages 15 and 17. I have a new golden retriever puppy, 9 weeks old, that we hope to train for service dog work to help me. I am glad to be here and I know I have a lot to learn.

·
Kristy
10,422 Posts
Hi Tammy! You've definitely found the right place... there are lots of great people here with lots of experience and great advice. It's been an invaluable resource to me. My puppy, Duncan, is 12 weeks now and since it's been over 10 years since my last puppy, I'd forgotten a lot. It's been nice for me to know I'm not the only one :)

Be sure to post photos..... it's so much fun to see how they grow.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
glad you have joined us. Would love to see some pictures of your new puppy. Are you working with a service organization to help with training your puppy? Good luck with it working out.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Oh she is adorable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ruthie

No, she will be owner trained with the help of some wonderful trainers here locally as well as other owner trainers that I know. Thank you. She is very sweet, and very smart.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Hi, your pup is beautifull, i live in maine, but born, and grew up in indiana, southern, my mom and brother, and his wife, live there, in princeton.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts