Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My name is Christina. My husband and I have been wanting a Golden Retriever since we got married 10 years ago. Late last year we decided the timing was right to add a companion to our family, and I've been in serious research mode since! I have hopes to train our future pup as a therapy dog, so that's something I'm excited to learn more about.

I've connected with a very reputable breeder and am really hoping they decide we'll be a good match for one of their puppies. I'm seriously excited about their planned litter!

While I wait to find out if the breeding took, I've been researching everything I can think of: vets/animal hospitals, obedience classes, food, crates, grooming, etc. I read the book, How to Raise a Puppy You Can Live With, and I am always open to reccomendations as to how else I can prepare.

I look forward to interacting with you all and learning from you!

- Christina

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you get a puppy soon. There's nothing like a Golden! You can learn tons reading through the Puppy section here.

Reactions: B+C

·
Registered
975 Posts
Welcome Christina. Sounds like you are doing a great job preparing. I hope you get good news from the breeder.
Jules

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Howdy and great to have you here!

·
Registered
129 Posts
We are in the same place as you, anxiously awaiting our new baby golden. It's really hard to wait, isn't it? We've loved and lost 4 goldens and are quite ready for another. As hard as it is to send them over the Rainbow Bridge when they are no longer a cute puppy, but instead a white muzzled old guy, being without one is worse. Our little guy should be coming home in February if all goes well. Our twins (my avatar) were 11 and 13 when they crossed and we have been golden-less for over 2 years now. Good luck and I hope you get your fluff-ball soon too! Welcome!

·
Registered
129 Posts
We are in the same place as you, anxiously awaiting our new baby golden. It's really hard to wait, isn't it? We've loved and lost 4 goldens and are quite ready for another. As hard as it is to send them over the Rainbow Bridge when they are no longer a cute puppy, but instead a white muzzled old guy, being without one is worse. Our little guy should be coming home in February if all goes well. Our twins (my avatar) were 11 and 13 when they crossed and we have been golden-less for over 2 years now. Good luck and I hope you get your fluff-ball soon too! Welcome!

Oops! I see your post is 6 months old! I hope the little guy pictured is home with you. I can't wait for mine!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We are in the same place as you, anxiously awaiting our new baby golden. It's really hard to wait, isn't it?
Hi! Yes, my original post is from 6 months ago, but I'm still waiting. The puppy in my profile picture is actually my childhood Golden Retriever. I've been patiently waiting all year for a puppy; there was a litter that I was really excited about but there were fewer puppies than expected. Hopefully I'll get to bring home a boy in February, like you. Here's hoping that it works out for both of us!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi! Yes, my original post is from 6 months ago, but I'm still waiting. The puppy in my profile picture is actually my childhood Golden Retriever. I've been patiently waiting all year for a puppy; there was a litter that I was really excited about but there were fewer puppies than expected. Hopefully I'll get to bring home a boy in February, like you. Here's hoping that it works out for both of us!
Won't that be fun!! We will have to compare notes and keep up with each other while we wait! I am so excited. Where is your boy coming from? I found a great breeder in Wisconsin and have been waiting since January. So looking forward to driving 11 hours from Missouri to get our guy and meet Deb. I already love them both!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Won't that be fun!! We will have to compare notes and keep up with each other while we wait! I am so excited. Where is your boy coming from? I found a great breeder in Wisconsin and have been waiting since January. So looking forward to driving 11 hours from Missouri to get our guy and meet Deb. I already love them both!
I'm sending you a message so we can chat!

·
Registered
Rosy Bloom
1 Posts
Welcome, from another San Diegan (North County).

We've discovered somewhat of a "golden underground" in our neighborhood. There are several goldens, and we got to know them all (as well as some others). But, through the other owners, we've also been connected to other breeders, groomers, etc.

Good luck!
Hi, I’m new to this forum. My Rosy would love to play with other Goldens. We live in rancho bernardo area.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi, I’m new to this forum. My Rosy would love to play with other Goldens. We live in rancho bernardo area.
Hello, and, welcome to the forums! :)

I'm still waiting to get a puppy, but once I do it would be wonderful to connect with other goldens in the area!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts