Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Hello and Welcome! I'm a Marylander too. Lived in Va Beach for 2 years and back to Maryland. There is something about this area. The Bay, the ocean, and mountains all close by. All we're missing is a desert! Hubby wants to retire to the Outer Banks, eventually, though. Loved your pictures :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Very big smile here! Thank yall for the welcomes! And who doesn't love to here their dogs are pretty :p: (and handsome)

I've already had my kids standing around the computer and shown them many of ya'lls beautiful photos of your GRs! My 3 y/o Angel thinks they are all pictures of either our puppy, Dax or my Maggie :doh:

AmyinAr - we're neighbors - We're 2 hours west of Ft. Smith area. My G-parents live there. My grandpa has a homestead in Deer too. It's a little known community in the Ozarks - so beautiful! I saw at least one other fairly new member is also from NW Ar. I'm curious if their are many Okies here.

Again.. thanks for the welcomes and look forward to meeting evryone.

Tiffany

hey! I grew up in Ft Smith, there are many many Okies there ... not nearly as many up where we are ... we got to Tulsa all the time thou for shopping and just to get away, it's only an hour and a half from us!

·
Lucy & Dory's Mom
2,760 Posts
hey! I grew up in Ft Smith, there are many many Okies there ... not nearly as many up where we are ... we got to Tulsa all the time thou for shopping and just to get away, it's only an hour and a half from us!
I was born in Fort Smith. I grew up in Heavener, OK, and my husband's from Greenwood.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hello and Welcome! I'm a Marylander too. Lived in Va Beach for 2 years and back to Maryland. There is something about this area. The Bay, the ocean, and mountains all close by. All we're missing is a desert! Hubby wants to retire to the Outer Banks, eventually, though. Loved your pictures :)
Sounds like we have a lot in common. There is something about that area. Most of my (dads side) family is in Bowie, MD. My mom and sister ventured out to No.Va. - We visit that area at least once or twice a year. Sail with my dad on the bay, water ski and tube my Brother - I have to visit for at least 2-3 weeks at a time too. Gotta get my blue crab fix, lots of family to visit and we have our family reunions each year at Assateague for a week. We're looking at the "inner banks" area and hope to go visit the area in person this spring. DH is already pre-charting lots of boat trips. He has his sights on a trawler and dreams of trawling up the coast to visit my family :p: and "Camp" on the boat for Assateague week instead of camping in the sand on the beach.

Tiffany

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Same with us, we are about 1 1/2 hrs from Tulsa and we shop there fairly often.

Tiffany

21 - 25 of 25 Posts