Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just joined here and thought I'd jump right in. I have 5 kids ages 19 down to 3 years old. We just got a golden 9 week old boy, Dax a little over a week ago. We have a 4 year old golden girlie, Maggie and our GR/ Tenn. walker hound mix, Nala. Dax is my avatar pic for now.

We've been living here in OK on a 340 acre farm on the S. Canadian River, where DHs family is originally from for about 15 years now. I'm was born and raised in Maryland, DH was a navy brat - we met in Va. Beach and we are planning to relocate to the southern NC coast in the next couple of years. DH REALLY wants to get back to our salty dog roots :p: When we got Dax the only thing that DH checked him for was to see if Dax looked like he had sealegs and would enjoy spending most of his days on a boat in big water :D How you can tell that, I have no idea, but he was satisfied that Dax will do well.

Anyway - I look forward to reading through all the posts on the forum and getting to know other GR lovers. BTW - I am sure that I will bore yall with photos of the family, so I'll start off with just a few recent shots:

Maggie and Dax

Angel (my 3 y/o in the middle of puppy love)

Hunter (my 12 y/o) with Dax the second day we had him at 8 weeks old. Dax wanted to meet Nala; Nala wanted reassurance that she wasn't being replaced by this fluffball :p: Nala was being impossible!!!!!:

My Alpha girl, Maggie - she was still pouting about us bringing Dax in the mix:

Maggie has forgiven me since I took her out to the river Saturday. She LOVES going out there! It was near sunset though and I didn't get that many good shots. OF course, in Oklahoma it's 70 degrees one day and the next it's snowing (which it is doing now) so...I'll get some happy photos of Maggie when we get more nice weather. I just prefer natural light photos, so I don't take many inside. If you read this far - THANK YOU :D

Look forward to getting to know y'all!

Tiffany

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Hi and Welcome.... Beautiful dogs you have.....

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very big smile here! Thank yall for the welcomes! And who doesn't love to here their dogs are pretty :p: (and handsome)

I've already had my kids standing around the computer and shown them many of ya'lls beautiful photos of your GRs! My 3 y/o Angel thinks they are all pictures of either our puppy, Dax or my Maggie :doh:

AmyinAr - we're neighbors - We're 2 hours west of Ft. Smith area. My G-parents live there. My grandpa has a homestead in Deer too. It's a little known community in the Ozarks - so beautiful! I saw at least one other fairly new member is also from NW Ar. I'm curious if their are many Okies here.

Again.. thanks for the welcomes and look forward to meeting evryone.

Tiffany

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much for the welcomes!

How cool to meet a fella okie - Tulsa, huh? While I first came to OK since my DH was going to OU, his family is from OK we then moved to SE OK VERY shortly after the OKC bombing (we lived in OKC at the time) - Now we are just a little closer to Tulsa and go up there more often than we visit OKC anymore. Our oldest daughter is a freshman at OU now though... so OKC and Tulsa both are home away from home if that makes sense. But we are pretty rural and my idea of going to Tulsa once in a blue moon Is "more often" :p:

Tiffany

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Hey there Tiffany. Glad to see you made it over to GRF!! (I spoke to you earlier on that "other" forum) I hope you enjoy your stay! You have beautiful babies... furry and not!

Julie and Jersey

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hello and Welcome to your 2legged kids and 4legged kids. You have a gorgeous crew and love the one with your daughter. She looks like she is in golden heaven. You must have a ton of patience with such a large crew. You cant ever bore us with all the pictures and we say the more the better.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jerseys Mom said:
Hey there Tiffany. Glad to see you made it over to GRF!! (I spoke to you earlier on that "other" forum) I hope you enjoy your stay! You have beautiful babies... furry and not!
:D Oh how nice it is to see familiar faces. I'm already enjoying my stay here and I appreciate the extremely sweet welcome! I look forward to getting to know you and Jersey here more :wink

Tiffany

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BeauShel said:
...She looks like she is in golden heaven. You must have a ton of patience with such a large crew. You cant ever bore us with all the pictures and we say the more the better.
Hmmm... is that what it is called? :D She really is in golden heaven, the look on her face cracks me up... her hair is a mess, and she is such a pretty little girl(of course I think so ;) ) but it's one of those photos that I thought GR lover can appreciate.

I'm thrilled to find a place that I don't feel like I'm overwhelming! :wave:

Tiffany

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
Hello and welcome to GRF! We live in neighboring N.W. Arkansas (Bella Vista.) DH is from Chicago and I am from rural small town Iowa...quite a contrast, huh? LOL!

Your Goldens are beautiful and your kids are cuties. :)
We love pictures here, so keep them coming. :):)

~Jackie

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Hi Tiffany and welcome to the forum from North Texas. Your crew is beautiful and Dax is a little darling. Can't wait for more pics. Enjoy the discussions and fun around here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts