Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone!

This forum is amazing and I have no idea how I never looked for one prior to today! I have two golden retrievers. Scout is 7 and Sara is 5. I've had them both since they were 8 weeks old.

They are amazing dogs and have truly touched and changed my life. There are many times I don't know what I'd do without them. I also have three kitties: Starbuck, Stokely and Mr. S. Whiskers...thus my name "The S Team." That's what I call all of them.

Both dogs are very well behaved and have done lots of obedience but they also have that goofy, wild loveable golden personality. Both are canine good citizens and Scout is a hospice pet therapy dog.

Sadly, what brought me to this forum is that over the Thanksgiving holiday Sara attacked Scout. She has never done anything like this. He is physically fine but it was horrible and scary and now I am terrified that this is the start of something bad. You can read the whole story on the behavior forum.

So happy to have found this place! I'm going to try and attach some photos...but not sure if it will work. If the photo attaches, it is of the two of them hiking this fall in the state park near our home. Scout is in the front, Sara behind.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Scout and Sarah are stunning. I am sorry about the issues you are having with your gorgeous girl. I so hope that you can find some answers here. It sure sounds as though you have put a lot of time and training into this beautiful pair.

I know that there are many knowledgeable people here that will be able to help. Try not to lose heart! I am certain you will be able to work out this problem.

Again welcome and enjoy the forum!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is truly a great place to hang out. Scout and Sara are great looking pups. I hope you are able to get to the bottom of their love/hate relationship.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awwww, it's so nice to have found some kindred dog spirits! I've been so down about them since the 'incident' but to hear kind words about their photo has put a smile on my face :) :).

They are kinda cute, aren't they? Well...I am pretty biased.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
very good look'n!!

our lab has developed an "attack" routine with the younger goldie -- they are bestest buddies, but AFTER dinner Sadie turns into a werewolf towards Bridger. It's weird. We let them out the door seperately - and they're fine (attack mode - 3 seconds). Wish I knew what was going on in Sadie's little head.
Maybe the Thanksgiving change of routine got to Sara?

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
Hello and Welcome to The Forum!!! Glad you have joined us! Scout and Sara are beautiful! I'm sorry to hear about Sara attacking Scout. There are tons of knowledgeable members that will chime in and offer their input.
Would love to see more photos of Scout and Sara. :)

~Jackie

~Jackie

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome,
Your Scout and Sara are just gorgeous. I have a girl that is growly with her brothers but thankfully there has never been any blood spent. It is hard can be stressful. Glad you have joined us.

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I hope things get worked out soon, that must be scary. You got some good advice in the other thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts