Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

My husband and I just got a 3 month old red golden retriever girl named Coco over the holidays. She's beautiful, and a handful. I'm pretty sure I'll be referring to this site time and time again.

We also have 2 indoor cats, Smokey and Mocha, both female, 4.5 years old. Coco is wonderful with them, never barked once, and will never approach them unsolicited or suddenly. We lucked out since the home which she came from had 2 cats as well.

We live in Panama City, Panama, which provides us with unique situations re: the weather (ie: Coco's not up for a walk due to the heat).

Hope to get to know everyone soon and share stories and give/receive advice about raising Coco :)

Niki

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to you and Coco from icy cold Maine. Please make yourself at home here and please post some pictures of Coco.

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Panama! Welcome Niki and Coco - from another icy cold duo in Pennsylvania!

Find the water :) I always go to the water with my golden in the summer when it's too hot -- it's sounding really good today! You don't have to worry about sharks, do you?

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Hope you find it as enjoyable as I do.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum from sunny but cold Florida. I love her name Coco and cant wait to see pictures of her. Usually if you get out early in the morning and in the early evening, then maybe she can get some exercise then. That is what we do in Florida during the hot weather.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry if they're huge! tinypic is erroring on me

Here's some pictures in our backyard from New Years Eve (daytime):

favorite place... by one of her many water bowls

all 4 legs straight out... tiles will do that to you :p

who's that in the window?!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The closest water which is actually clean enough to go in is at the least 45 minutes away (the canal hasn't kept the water here in the city very clean unfortunately).

I do take her quite early in the morning, as my husband is up for 6:30 for work... and then again a little after he comes home (maybe 6:30ish-- it gets dark by then here anyways). In the daytime, it's a quick walk, then she gives up halfway through... too hot :( .

We can usually get a mile or so morning, and again in the evening. We play in the backyard a lot-- keepaway, fetch (pseudo fetch right now, more like another keepaway haha!), etc. all in short spurts, with plenty of rest/ water.

Luckily, I am not working at the moment, as we just moved about 6 months ago. This gives me the time to focus on her and getting through this very naughty stage.

Pretty sure she thinks her name is 'Coco NO!' at this point :D .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts