Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new so I thought I would tell you about myself. I stumbled on this website looking for help with my Golden-"Dodger"--he is quite the pill. I'm really glad I found this website! I have always wanted a Golden Retriever as long as I can remember. They are beautiful, sweet, highly intelligent and energetic. I finally got my Golden last May. My name is Kim, and I'm 30. I attend college at Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, OK, and will graduate in Dec. 2005 with a bachelors in organismic biology. My ultimate goal is to go to veterinary school. I applied to Oklahoma State University for the next term, but was not accepted. I will reapply to OSU, along with several other colleges to better my chances. I was raised around dachshunds my entire life, and still have 3 little doxies. I also have an English mastiff, and of course, my golden boy, Dodger. I am recently divorced; my ex said I spent too much time studying and oh yeah,"he didn't like animals and couldn't be married to a vet." (did I mention the mastiff was his?). Of course, there's always more to the story and there was someone else in the picture, so long story short, I am better off. My dogs were great during that time (he did it a week before Christmas). I don't know what I would've done if I didn't have my dogs; they were constant, unjudging companionship, they kept me warm at night (still do) and were always glad to see me. It's nice to have warm fuzzies to come home to. If I was having a really bad time, Dodger would instinctively just come and sit by me or even stand on me. Goldens are truly incredible dogs. Dodger is my Golden; he is one year old. Maxine, Annie and Danka are my doxies; they are 8, 5 & 3, respectively. Daniel is my sweet, sweet, mastiff; he is 6 years old. Dodger and Daniel are THE best of friends!! So, that is pretty much my story: I go to school, I study, eat sometimes, sleep sometimes, my dogs are with me all of the time. I am truly grateful to have these wonderful dogs in my life and feel sorry for anyone who has never known the love of a dog.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Animals are truly unconditional with their love. We (my husband and I) have a cat and we just got a golden puppy in March of this year. We don't plan to have human children, our pets are our children. Not many people understand that. I'm sorry to hear about your break up - but everything happens for a reason. Keep the faith and have fun with you "friends". Enjoy your school days, they were certainly one of the funnest times of my life.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts